what is your favorite LR broadhead?

Grim Reaper Hades Pro 4 blade and 3 blade hit exactly with field points out past 100 yards. And they are American Made.

I have a broadhead fetish. There's not many I haven't tried. Exodus swept blade fly the best and forgive the most I've ever shot. I shoot some mechanical heads for close range medium size game, but when shot opportunity range is greater or I'm hunting elk, I'll never use mechanical. With compound bows, Energy at 100 yards is nowhere near sufficient for most mechanicals to function properly. I'll go as far as to say, i want to be relatively certain of being within pass through range before I'll shoot a mechanical. I encourage all bow hunters to experiment with a chronograph out to 100 yards. You'll be astonished at the energy bleed.

ps. This thread has been going on longer than I've been a member! And I joined in 2010!

I really like the 150 G5 Shkotes (Shkotay). They are solid and sharp not to mention field point accuracy. Pitty G5 stopped making them.
Also have maid all my bow kills with 100 gr T-heads with great results! Never had to go after a deer over 20 yards!!!

My Family of, 3 Bow Hunters, "Nock Tune" all our Arrows and have found that, 100 gr., G-5 Strikers, Wac em's and Slick Tricks, "Fly" the Best at, distance and that, ARE "Legal" in Idaho ( and the Pac NW ) for Elk / Big Game. Exodus, swept backs are great,.. IF you can use them Legally, in your State !
We use, 50 to 75 grain Inserts for, "weight Forward" in our arrows ( For Penetration on, Elk / Shiras Moose ! ).
I can keep my Strikers, in a Pie Plate at 60 yards and my son can put, 2 Arrows with, Slick Tricks' in a Beer Can at,.. 80 yards.
We can recommend all, Three And, we have Killed, a Dozen, Elk and Moose with, them.
ALL Three, "Fly" good and are, VERY Sharp !

Last edited:
Just couldn't pass this one up .... Mine is a 210 grain berger :):):)
I got ya beat. Try using some rex bullets. My 1-7 twist is apparently way too much... check this out!!
54904D62-DE64-4F17-91B2-F3664B721B70.jpeg

Sevr 125gr 1.5s I shoot them into a 4" group at 100 yards and they opened and passed through a antelope doe at 78 yards. I shoot a 71# draw 28.5" mathews vxr with a 493gr victory vap 300 spine