what is your favorite LR broadhead?

I've been shooting the original Slick Tricks for at least 10 years, they have performed so well on game and fly nearly like my field points that I have no reason to move on from them. I tried a different BH or two nearly every year prior to that, mechanical, fixed and every other gimmick that came along. Imo, mechanicals are for guys who can't figure out how to tune their bow correctly or really fall for the fancy advertisements, these days if you can't get your fixed blade to fly nearly like your field tips there is something wrong with the setup.

100 gr Wasp Drone with 2" blazer vanes right hand helical fletched arrows @315 fps out of a bowtech experience. They fly oh so pretty, tough as nails and never have to cull one after spin testing. Very well made heads with very sharp, thick blades.

I think the best broadhead out there for any purpose right now is Iron Will Outfitters broadheads. Super accurate at any range I've shot them, tough, and very sharp. They are kind of spendy but I really think they are worth the price.

I use grim reaper fatal steel. Man they shoot well and knock em dead.

Last edited:
Switched to QAD Exodus 100gr full blades last year. Couldn't be happier. Tuned great & also killed great. 350" 6x6 opening day bull elk, 43 yards complete pass through. 16 days later, same stand got a cow elk 23 yards complete pass through. Both elk died within 20 yards of impact. Bull was dumping blood! I know it's not long range but performed great & they do hold accuracy out to 114 yards. Practice long range makes those 20-50 yard shots a lot easier.

Ramcat. Seem to work fairly well for me. Not real good for practice as it's pretty hard on them and also the target. I use the 100 grain.

I shoot both swhacker and viper tricks in 100G. Both impact close enough to each other that I usually just end up using the viper tricks even when I will be shooting 60-70 yards possibly.

Been wanting to try those aeb. There is a newer version out that the state of Alaska doesn't consider barbed but I can't seem to get my hands on them.