What is your Favorite Long Range Scope and Why?

KillerBee

My Favorite long range scope is my Huskemaw Blue Diamond 5-20x50. I love it's light weight and Huskemaw's easy to use turret system.

What is yours and why?

:)

Last edited:
I like the Vortex PST Gen 1. The reticle is simple 1 MOA. The turrets are only 12 MOA per rotation, but they dial accurately and have very good tactical feel and a nice audible ka-thunk on every click. Easy to count clicks just by feel.

For me the PST Gen 11 MOA reticle is just too busy and although you get 25 MOA per rotation, the turrets have lost much of their feel.

The Huskemaw is a very nice scope. I have had the chance to play with one before.

My lrp 6.5-20 with impact reticle.
The reticle is easy to use for holdovers, I like the tall turret when ur behind the gun and when it's cold out and I have gloves on there's enough knob to get cranking on. In that price range for me the glass edges out my Zeiss, sightron and Burris veracity. I also really like the alumina flip caps

I like the Vortex PST Gen 1. The reticle is simple 1 MOA. The turrets are only 12 MOA per rotation, but they dial accurately and have very good tactical feel and a nice audible ka-thunk on every click. Easy to count clicks just by feel.

For me the PST Gen 11 MOA reticle is just too busy and although you get 25 MOA per rotation, the turrets have lost much of their feel.

The Huskemaw is a very nice scope. I have had the chance to play with one before.

One guy I was talking too told me that my Huskemaw was a horrible scope because the glass is like looking through coke bottle glass lol.

Im very happy with my new Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44, with a 100 yard zero I have
53 MOA of vertical adjustment up from there, I have the scope mounted on my custom built 6.5PRC so should be able to hit the metal plates out to 1000 and beyond.
So far the tracking has been spot on.

Last edited:
For a SFP scope,the Sightron SIII series is hard to beat. They have very good glass,and will track with the best scopes made. I have 5 of them.

In FFP,I really enjoy using my IOR Valdada Recon. It has been excellent in every way I've used it. I recently bought a Revic scope but haven't mounted it on anything yet,USPS has been playing games on getting my rings delivered.

The Athlon Cronus & Cronus BTR scopes are also very good FFP scopes for the money. I have an original Cronus,and while it's not in the same class as scopes that cost $2500 and up,it lacks very little in operating like one.

My favorite LR hunting scope: March 2.5x25x52 SFP, MP3(2MOA)Reticle.
-Superb glass that is "unique" in its ability to filter low sun glare
-Very fast, and certain parallax/focus control.
-Low profile turrets that track precisely, 120MOA range, very positive feel, and excellent visibility.
-Clean, nicely weighted reticle/ 2MOA@20x, 4MOA@10X
-Compact size and light weight: 13.3" length, 23.5 ounce weight

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts