What is your favorite hunting stock?

I have a Remington 700 BDL SS in 300 Rum and am thinking of getting a new stock for it. I don't care for the way the original stock flexes. I am looking for a stock that doesn't flex, is good for shooting prone off a rest, kneeling, and standing and doesn't weigh a ton.

What is everyone's favorite stock for long range Elk hunting in mountainous terrain?

Thanks Steve

Id take a look at bell and carlson. They make good solid synthetic stocks with aluminum blocks built in. There is also HS precision and Mcmillan but Id recommend the BC for the money. Good Luck

I have a rifle being built with a Mcmillan Lazeroni thumbhole. I chose it for all the reasons you listed and the high cheek piece.

Jeff gun)gun)

I have a rifle being built with a Mcmillan Lazeroni thumbhole. I chose it for all the reasons you listed and the high cheek piece.

Jeff gun)gun)

I am thinking of a McMillan HTG with an adjustable saddle cheekpiece. My rifle has a Leupold Mark 4 4.5x14 scope with Nightforce Low .885 rings and a 20 moa base. With this setup I need a higher cheekpiece as well.

I haven't held one so I was hoping I could get some feedback on what were the most popular aftermarket stocks for long range hunting. It's difficult trying to find out what stock works right without being able to handle them.

Steve

I don't think you can ever go wrong with a MCM A5. Going to be a little heavier than some but for me everything feels right about them.

For a less expensive stock that can be bought for around $200 the HS precision take offs that come from the Sendero's or the different police and tactical models are a great stock for the money too.

Bell & Carlson is most comfy sporter monte carlo stock. All the gunsmiths, that have worked on my gun, complimented on how well they are built.

Manners or McMillan. Take your pick, anything from these two companies is quality and you can get whatever you want from traditional to tactical. I have had and have both and find both to be excellent platforms.