what is your favorite custom savage stock?

Another +1 for Kevin Rayhill at Stockade.

I have a couple of savages riding in his Woodchuck model.

If you finish it yourself they are an extremely good deal dollar wise for an excellent design.

FWIW
Wes in AZ

I own a stockade Elk Stalker and it made my 7mag into something I could finally shoot accurately. Top quality, top customer service and no more busted shoulder.

Joel does awesome stuff and you know it will be done correctly and max out the effect stock work has on accuracy. He's a shooter himself, that always helps with a gunsmith. I bought a Manners thumbhole recently and it's well made too. Next I move to laminates, they look prettier.

20131205_165236.jpg
Joel does awesome stuff and you know it will be done correctly and max out the effect stock work has on accuracy. He's a shooter himself, that always helps with a gunsmith. I bought a Manners thumbhole recently and it's well made too. Next I move to laminates, they look prettier.

This was areally old original post, that is funny, but it is still relavant! Laminates are my favorite kind of stock, and Boyds has some nice ones. I put my 110 Savage on a Boyds Thumbhole Varmint. Ihad to work on the barrel channel, as it is not a factory barrel profile, but for the money, I'm really pleased. Looks real nice.20131205_165236.jpg20131205_165236.jpg Sorry about all the same pics, me and computers just dont get along!!!

20131205_165118.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.