What is your favorite .300RUM load?

No, I have never gotten into it, though to be honest the brass could probably benefit from it. I have yet to push my rum past 700 but have no problems keeping sub half moa out to this distance. But I do plan to start turning and anealing case necks.

I was wondering does a factory sendero have the right twist for the 240gr matchkings or are you guy's shooting these bullets in custom barrells?

I just got through working up a load for my Krieger-barreled 300 RUM. I didn't want to shoot it a lot working up a load, so I only tried two bullets, the 208 Hornady and the 210 Berger. Bergers shot best and did so with 94 grains of Retumbo with the bullet seated just touching the rifling. I used Remington brass from Cabela's, which had less than .001 difference in neck thickness. The barrel is a 28-incher, chrono said 3,175 FPS, best three-shot groups at 100 yards were .175 and at 500 yards 1.963 inches.

96.0 of RE-25, FED215m, 180 Accubonds
Also
96.0 of H-1000, FED215m, 168 Nosler Combined Tech.

both do over 3200 fps and shoot nice clover leafs.

Many use heavier bullets. I have not gotten the 210 Bergers to shoot as well from a Sendero as these loads. However, Project Next will include a Krieger barrel with a little faster twist. I have very high expectations for that project.

Good luck

Sounds like a good project. I am probably going to rebarrel mine with a 30"Hart in a fluted sendero contour, with probably a 9 twist in a manners stock.
should be fun.

I built mine with a Lilja barrel on a Bat action and put it in a HS stock.
DSC00213.jpg

JDS- what twist in that lilja? how does it shoot?? somerum- i would think a 10 twist would be plenty. roninflag

JDS- what twist in that lilja? how does it shoot?? somerum- i would think a 10 twist would be plenty. roninflag

It is a 10 twist, 26" 6 groove. I just got done fire forming the brass and I'm getting ready to work up a load for it. I will be working with bullets form 180 to 210.

Fireforming brass? Is it chambered for an improved version? I just saw the post on the new Bullets. The 225gr 30cal definitely looks like a good prospect for the rum.

Fireforming brass? Is it chambered for an improved version? I just saw the post on the new Bullets. The 225gr 30cal definitely looks like a good prospect for the rum.

Its not really improved but a little tighter than a factory chamber. I always fire form brass and turn necks. Especially since I'm using Remington brass, I started out with 100 pieces and will cull the ones that are out of speck. I don't know if it is necessary but I enjoy doing it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.