What is your favorite 270 WSM load?

BigMedicine

I purchased a Winchester M70 EW SS in .270 WSM, and am looking for a good hunting load. I have reloader 22, and 19 on hand, I also have 4831sc and Varget. As for primers I have Fed LRM 215, and 140gr Nosler Accubonds along with Sierra 140 gamekings, and Federal brass. I'm going out to try and find some 130gr pills this morning, and Mag Pro if it's available. If anyone has a good recipe for this round, or any recommendations I would greatly appreciate them...thanks.

I have two loads I shoot
66gr H4831sc/130NAB
66gr H1000/150 Speer hot-core flatbase
CCI250 primers

I got lucky, POI is same@200 yards for both loads.

Winchester Model 70

Federal Magnum Primers
Winchester Brass
65 grains of Retumbo
165 Matrix
2900 +/- fps

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 140
That is impressive for sure! Thank you my friend for sharing.

Thats with the same rifle you are shooting. The only mod I made was a timney trigger. Those extreme weathers are super accurate for a factory rifle. I have found that if you shoot VLD type bullets they seem to like a LOT of jump. Just keep that in mind if your having trouble with groups.

Thats with the same rifle you are shooting. The only mod I made was a timney trigger. Those extreme weathers are super accurate for a factory rifle. I have found that if you shoot VLD type bullets they seem to like a LOT of jump. Just keep that in mind if your having trouble with groups.

Thanks for the tip, I am definitely going to try this load out!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.