What is wrong with my barrel?

It's a hunting rifle not a benchrest rig...your target vital area is at least as big as a volleyball & up to a beachball....even if it shoots 2 inch groups your good to go for years to come....or get your wallet out and get it started tomorrow by someone who knows what the hell their doing and not one of these shoeclerks....

It's a hunting rifle not a benchrest rig...your target vital area is at least as big as a volleyball & up to a beachball....even if it shoots 2 inch groups your good to go for years to come....or get your wallet out and get it started tomorrow by someone who knows what the hell their doing and not one of these shoeclerks....
I hear ya, but I still like my guns to shoot well.

When you were in O,K, were you blind hunting with your rifle standing up in a corner with blind windows open if so this is where you got the moisture in the barrel like you stated you did not clean them very well and carbon absorbs the moisture plus its not a stainless barrel

When you were in O,K, were you blind hunting with your rifle standing up in a corner with blind windows open if so this is where you got the moisture in the barrel like you stated you did not clean them very well and carbon absorbs the moisture plus its not a stainless barrel
This seems to be the most likely culprit. Lesson learned if so.

You tried different changes and depths. Have you tried different bullet and powder combinations? Other than that if it's still unsatisfactory you might try Tubbs final finish as a last resort.

Looks to me like you've got some physical damage in there or at least wear that's not in line with the round count. I'd be interested to see the crown though. Probably your cheapest option is just order a new barrel. BTW... bronze brushes are evil. If a patch and the proper solvent won't take it out, neither will a brush.

You tried different changes and depths. Have you tried different bullet and powder combinations? Other than that if it's still unsatisfactory you might try Tubbs final finish as a last resort.
Yes, I'm satisfied it's not the load... Bullet, powder, primer, etc. May try Tubbs. Have used them in a different gun before but couldn't tell that it made any difference. Have you had good luck with them?

Looks to me like you've got some physical damage in there or at least wear that's not in line with the round count. I'd be interested to see the crown though. Probably your cheapest option is just order a new barrel. BTW... bronze brushes are evil. If a patch and the proper solvent won't take it out, neither will a brush.
A rebarrel is kind of what I'm thinking as well. I see where McGowen does a full install on Xbolts. Anyone else have recommendations on a barrel installation? Have read several threads but no clear consensus on an Xbolt.