What is up with Federal

I don't think that I've actually seen them available, I did get some of "TLR" a few years ago which got me started on these. 175 30 cal that I like for my 30.06, that shoot very well, MOA out to 400yds. I have some of the trophy bonded in .277 140's that I've tried and may go to in a 270wsm. But don't really want to get to liking them if I'm not going to be able to get them soon. I looked again on Midway, and they don't have any of Federals bullets list in any caliber, when you look for Federal as a brand under bullets, it doesn't even come up!

I don't think that I've actually seen them available, I did get some of "TLR" a few years ago which got me started on these. 175 30 cal that I like for my 30.06, that shoot very well, MOA out to 400yds. I have some of the trophy bonded in .277 140's that I've tried and may go to in a 270wsm. But don't really want to get to liking them if I'm not going to be able to get them soon. I looked again on Midway, and they don't have any of Federals bullets list in any caliber, when you look for Federal as a brand under bullets, it doesn't even come up!
I'm gonna sell off my 180 trophy bonded tips in 30 cal for this same reason. Honestly, while they're way too expensive for recreational shooting (and that's not what they're for) I'm really liking the thought of slowly selling off my old stuff and running hammers in more of my guns simply because, at least presently, they're always in stock. That's starting to really count for a lot.

Hornady has honestly never done me wrong either, can usually find something from them in a given caliber that would work well.

Nosler, Barnes, berger…not so much, and start seeming to be extremely overpriced for what they are

Hammer and hornady hahaha (what other bullet companies start with "H"? Seems to be a good thing. I'll have to start my own line of projectiles…"haymaker bullets"…probably taken already 🤣)

I agree that Hornady has been really available here as well, I'm just not a fan of fragmenting bullets, some is ok. That is why the terminal ascent is appealing to me, kind of a happy medium. These guys did some testing comparing cup and core (berger), bonded (terminal ascent), and solid copper. I think they all have there place but for me, I'm not an extreme long range guy.

For the first time ever, I've been loading up on Hornady bullets. If they meet my accuracy criteria, then I'll be shooting them into the foreseeable future. The Hornady bullets are available, less costly than most, and if they shoot as good as their old 162 A-Max bullets, I'll be a happy camper. Most of my biggame hunting is for whitetails. Virtually any bullet dispatches them quickly if the bullet is properly placed.

Hornady has probably outproduced every other bullet manufacturer combined. For some reason, their production capabilities haven't been destroyed by supply chain isses, Covid, or the lack of people in the workplace.

I agree that Hornady has been really available here as well, I'm just not a fan of fragmenting bullets, some is ok. That is why the terminal ascent is appealing to me, kind of a happy medium. These guys did some testing comparing cup and core (berger), bonded (terminal ascent), and solid copper. I think they all have there place but for me, I'm not an extreme long range guy.

Agreed. I said in a different thread that to my mind the closest thing to a true all game all shot angles all ranges bullet is the federal tbt or terminal ascent. But I can't find any! And it'll be a cold day in helL before I shoot factory 🤣

Not all hornady bullets appeal to me. Have little use for the eld x, sst, or their monos (hammer and Barnes are both way better)

Their plain vanilla interlock soft points are bread and butter, vanilla ice cream, black coffee…nothing fancy and pretty hard to find fault with! I love them. In my 270 the plain 130 interlock has piled up more deer than anything else I've used.

I also love their heavy for caliber eld m bullets. Death Ray, but messy. The 225 in my .300 win as a single feed round is a 6.5-ANYTHING's worst nightmare 🤣😁

Not much experience with hammer yet but I love what I'm seeing so far. I do know that light monos at warp are like deathrays as well.

The older I get the more I gravitate to one extreme. Light and tough going fast or a biiiig frangible pill.

There is a January 2023 update from Federal on the Big Game Hunting Podcast by John McAdams. He talks to Eric Miller about the current state of the union on Federal Ammo/Components. I'm not optimistic we'll be seeing Terminal Accent components anytime soon since they're trying to fulfill the backlog of TA ammo. Good listen.

Agreed. I said in a different thread that to my mind the closest thing to a true all game all shot angles all ranges bullet is the federal tbt or terminal ascent. But I can't find any! And it'll be a cold day in helL before I shoot factory 🤣

Not all hornady bullets appeal to me. Have little use for the eld x, sst, or their monos (hammer and Barnes are both way better)

Their plain vanilla interlock soft points are bread and butter, vanilla ice cream, black coffee…nothing fancy and pretty hard to find fault with! I love them. In my 270 the plain 130 interlock has piled up more deer than anything else I've used.

I also love their heavy for caliber eld m bullets. Death Ray, but messy. The 225 in my .300 win as a single feed round is a 6.5-ANYTHING's worst nightmare 🤣😁

Not much experience with hammer yet but I love what I'm seeing so far. I do know that light monos at warp are like deathrays as well.

The older I get the more I gravitate to one extreme. Light and tough going fast or a biiiig frangible pill.
The thought behind the 6.5prc for me was this, I purchased a used TC Encore which had a 25.06 barrel that shot poorly so I wanted to replace it.
When I went looking for components or even loaded ammo locally in .280ackley or even 270win, the choices were dismal. The 6.5prc is very close in performance, and again Hornady has done a good job in promoting and therefore there is good support for that round in the sporting goods stores. I am a fan of Norma brass as oppose to Hornady and luckily the Norma 6.5prc bondstrike 143's shoot sub moa with the little that I have shot so far.

That all being said if I could find some of Federal's 135 terminal ascent's I would try them and hopefully crank them up over 3000.