What is up with Federal

frostop

Specifically wondering about the Ascent Bullets, where are they all going?
I really like the design of those and would like to try them in my 300 win, but may have to go to the Accubond.

I don't see a bunch of loaded federal ammo on the shelves.
Don't see any federal primers or bullets on the shelves either.

Midway has I think given up on the bullets, lists them discontinued!

If they can sell you ammo at $4 and more per they have no reason to sell primers or bullets! If their price goes up 10 cents, you're going to pay 10 times that and more.

Specifically wondering about the Ascent Bullets, where are they all going?
I really like the design of those and would like to try them in my 300 win, but may have to go to the Accubond.

I don't see a bunch of loaded federal ammo on the shelves.
Don't see any federal primers or bullets on the shelves either.

Midway has I think given up on the bullets, lists them discontinued!
Beats me but I've been wondering the same thing. Was so nice when the trophy bonded tip because a handloading component. Then the edge tlr. Then the rebranded terminal ascent. And now all three of those are MIA and federal primers are getting A DOLLAR A PRIMER on some auctions….

If they can sell you ammo at $4 and more per they have no reason to sell primers or bullets! If their price goes up 10 cents, you're going to pay 10 times that and more.

Not seeing the ammo on the shelves either. At least not in the places I go!
I might be able to understand it if there were lots of Federal ammo on the shelves, but there isn't!
I don't want their ammo since it's all nickel plated.

Hell, I've seen more Norma stuff on the shelves, just bought three boxes of 6.5prc, that shoots great by the way.

They better get there head out before they drown!

There has got to be something else going on!?

Not seeing the ammo on the shelves either. At least not in the places I go!
I might be able to understand it if there were lots of Federal ammo on the shelves, but there isn't!
I don't want their ammo since it's all nickel plated.

Hell, I've seen more Norma stuff on the shelves, just bought three boxes of 6.5prc, that shoots great by the way.

They better get there head out before they drown!

There has got to be something else going on!?
They didn't win some kinda contract did they?

They didn't win some kinda contract did they?
Well, I would think that if that was the case it wouldn't be every caliber, maybe .308, .277 and 9mm and my thought would be that it would be those caliber in every weight. And I'm sure the Gov't isn't buying terminal ascent bullets, but who knows the gov't "WASTES" alot of money.

CCI being part of the same company and that brand is usually out in all types of primers. I'm on my 2nd build that it and the 1st might be just taking a siesta!

Well the last couple rifles that I put together or purchased (in the last four years) I just bought a good amount of loaded ammo, the 6.5 prc being one of them.
Hoping that the ammo shot well and so far it has worked out, secured a good amount of brass for that cartridge and not have to worry about having to buy primers, powder and bullets. I've been getting what I can when I can but it sucks not be able to go down to the sporting goods shop and pick up a box of 1000 primers for $40

federal primers are getting A DOLLAR A PRIMER on some auctions….

Really, which primers? 🤣

C173ABF9-7CD6-40F1-94B2-818EE553F24D.jpeg

I am pretty sure federal is making the new military 223 bullet which is basically a trophy bonded tip with a steel penetrator in front instead of a lead core. The military wanted to get away from the "yaw dependence" of the previous bullet. Probably why Federal is now loading the eldx as well. Needed a bullet to replace the tbt types at least some production while they spit these out

Lou

I don't think I've ever seen Terminal Ascent bullets available…ever.
I don't think I have seen any as components either.
I started a 30. SM build a couple years ago hoping to run the 200ish bullet. In that time I have ordered and received a manners stock, benchmark barrel and even a Terminus action; heck I even found a brick of mag primers and some h1000 and retumbo…. And still none of these bullets. I have sourced lots of bergers and hornaday bullets, but man I am disappointed with Federal on this.