What is up with 280 brass?

For the past several years all WW 280 brass has been nickel plated AFAIK.

I really like the Nosler 280AI brass I use.

I have considered Norma and Nosler brass. Thought I would get lucky and find some non-nickel plated though by Win.

I guess I could buy Rem brass if I had to. No shortage of that but I really don't like Rem brass.

I have never used Winchester brass for my 280's, even though I have used it with good results in my 270 Win.. I have used Norma, Nosler and Remington when loading for the 280. I have decided to stick with just Remington even though it takes a like more work. Norma 280 brass had more volume and was very soft, Nosler brass was very good out of the box but it too is soft and the primer pockets stretched with only a few loads. Remington is tough and the volume is uniform. My 280 Rem is my go to deer rifle, with RP cases, Fed 210 primers, 54.5 grains of RL-17 I am right at 3000 ft/sec with a 140 Accubond bullet and with very good accuracy. I can reload the brass 1/2 dozen times with out loose primer pockets or split necks.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.