what is the Max load for Sierra GameKing 7MM 160 Spitzer Boat Tail

tstarky

Hi,
I'm working up some loads and cannot find the suggested start and max load grains in my new Lyman book for the Max load for Sierra GameKing 7MM 160 Spitzer Boat Tail. I am using RE22 or IMR4831 powder. Does anyone have this info?

what is the Max load for Sierra GameKing 7MM 160 Spitzer Boat Tail?
what is the Max load for Sierra GameKing 30-06 165 Spitzer Boat Tail ?
what is the Max load for Sierra GameKing 30-06 180 Spitzer Boat Tail ?
I have the latest Lyman reload book but these are not in it.

Are you looking for 7mm Remington Magnum data?

Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide

Reduce powder charges for different bullets.

Cartridge Loads - Hodgdon Reloading Data Center - data.hodgdon.com

Data for 4831 has changed a bit over the years. Make sure you start out low and work up loads until they show a little pressure and back off. I have seldom been able to use the max listed loads for 4831. Rl22 and other powders also have lot variations So work all your loads up.

My Sierra book says 62.8 is max for IMR4831 and does not list H4831. Hogdon does not list the Sierra 160 but I can tell you that in my experience 62.5g is getting warm but generally with H4831 you might be able to use a grain or two more than IMR4831. Rl22 has a listed max of 65g with that bullet but again approach that carefully! I at one point loaded 62.5 g of IMR4350 with that bullet but have had to back off recently as the powder I have been getting now is a little different and that load is now too hot(I load that for an old farmer buddy).

You can find data for the other bullets in the Hodgdon reloading data.

what is the Max load for Sierra GameKing 7MM 160 Spitzer Boat Tail?
what is the Max load for Sierra GameKing 30-06 165 Spitzer Boat Tail ?
what is the Max load for Sierra GameKing 30-06 180 Spitzer Boat Tail ?
I have the latest Lyman reload book but these are not in it.

there is more than one 7mm cartridge bud- I can help but I'd like to know where to start

Thanks. I went to buy a chrony Master Gamma and found the Sierra book for $24. Got that too.
kool man. Wasn't sure if you meant 7 rem, roy, or stw. I've got most of the books from the last ten years and change so let me know if you can't find something. Have a good one.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.