What is the difference between Bowtech and Diamond?

Diamond is made by Bowtech. The diamond line is technology that's about 2 years old. I have a Bowtech Allegiance that I've had for about 3 years or so and I'm not looking at upgrading anytime soon. It is 60# at 30" draw and shoots 306 fps, the extra 10-15 fps isn't worth it to me to spend another $1200 on a bow. When you see the IBO speeds always take off 20-30 fps for "normal" hunting weight arrows. If the Diamonds shoot like the Bowtechs you can't go wrong.

Diamond is owned by bowtech, made and assembled in the same facility and designed by the same designers. All manufacturing process are the same. The only difference between the bows is the cam systems and the availability to stores. Bowtech is a binary cam system and the newest technology of the cam systems out there. Diamond is a single cam technology that has been around for 20+ years. Bowtech is sold in proshop stores only and diamonds are available to anyone wanting to sell them as well as internet sales which bowtechs are supposed to be sold in stores only. Quality between the two is equal, but the performance of the bowtechs due to the binary cam is much higher. Bowtechs are marketed and made for the guy who buys a bow everyyear and wants the latest and greatest. Diamonds are made and marketed for the guy who buys a new bow every 5-8 years and wants something tried and true at a good value.

I am still shooting an'07 Diamond Black Ice. I have had no problems with this bow and it shoots lights out. I'm shooting a 418 gr. arrow at 287 with a 29 in draw. Noticed the performance going down on the bow and it is due to the string. Having it replaced now so it should be shooting again in the next couple of days. I really like the bow.

I am still shooting an'07 Diamond Black Ice. I have had no problems with this bow and it shoots lights out. I'm shooting a 418 gr. arrow at 287 with a 29 in draw. Noticed the performance going down on the bow and it is due to the string. Having it replaced now so it should be shooting again in the next couple of days. I really like the bow.
I'm 11 years late- but man congrats happy shooting hope the new string helped