What is the best hunting bullet 140 grain or heavier you used in your 6.5 caliber rifle

dgr416

I use two 264 caliber rifles the 260 rem with 22 inch barrel and a 24 inch 264 win mag .I was wondering which bullets you liked best for long range that were 140 grain and higher .I have used the lapua 155 grain mega tip in both of these but its bc is only. 377 .I want to try the 156 grain berger and a few more .I just have to have a bullet that will not blow up when used up close .

I use two 264 caliber rifles the 260 rem with 22 inch barrel and a 24 inch 264 win mag .I was wondering which bullets you liked best for long range that were 140 grain and higher .I have used the lapua 155 grain mega tip in both of these but its bc is only. 377 .I want to try the 156 grain berger and a few more .I just have to have a bullet that will not blow up when used up close .
My vote is the 140 nosler partition or 140 Woodleigh protected tip. Good bc,s and hammers.

Been using EldXs but wasn't happy with meat damage. Kill well, just make a mess. Bergers about the same. ABLRs do well close and far with less destruction. Currently using Sledge Hammer 117s in my Creed. Finally got them to shoot very well. Love them. Good penetration, good exit, minimal meat damage. Now my go to bullet in the Creed.
Waiting on a 6.5-06 AI build. Will start with 130 gr Sledge Hammers.

Been using EldXs but wasn't happy with meat damage. Kill well, just make a mess. Bergers about the same. ABLRs do well close and far with less destruction. Currently using Sledge Hammer 117s in my Creed. Finally got them to shoot very well. Love them. Good penetration, good exit, minimal meat damage. Now my go to bullet in the Creed.
Waiting on a 6.5-06 AI build. Will start with 130 gr Sledge Hammers.
Have you thought about the 6.5x280 ackley? Just a neck down and no need to fireform