What is the best/fastest case trimmer

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
I have the micrometer case trimmer which make it very easy to accurately adjust for the case holders for the various cartridges I shoot. It sizes to.001' as claimed and the cutter is superb. It's one of my best investment in reloading tools.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloadi...trimmers/case-trimmer-and-kits-prod36320.aspx

I have been SUPER happy since I went with 2 styles of case trimmers. I have the Sinclair mentioned above. No regrets at all!

I also have the Frankford Arsenal case prep center. I can really whip out a lot of 223 or 308 using this. It's not quite as consistent as the Sinclair. But dang, it's really not bad at all! It uses collets and measures off the case shoulder. Relatively quiet, high torque, low RPM motor. I seriously give this thing a 9.9 out of 10.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HS7JEB4/?tag=lrhmag19-20

What makes it fast also is you already have the case in your hand. As soon as you trim, just deburr and chamfer and clean the primer pocket without even setting the case down.

Another unexpected benefit is that almost all tool heads fit into the case prep center. You can change cutters, primer pocket uniformers, brushes, etc between your hand tools and the case prep center.

I just really enjoy tools that work like they are supposed to; even outside of my firearm hobby. Both of the case trimmers I mentioned are great tools.

Ive used several RCBS and Forster trimmers. They are utility for sure. The Gracey is great, much faster than the manual ones. Adjustment is very involved.
The Dillon 1200 is great, but limited in the amount of brass it will trim at speed. The Honey Badger is not limited, except you need the same specific dies the Dillon takes, like Dillon or Lyman make. There is another outfit that makes the dies, too, but their name escapes me. Google it I suppose.
I trim 10k 223 at a go. The Honey Badger makes that possible.

Last edited:
Ive had rcbs, wilson, forster, redding 2400. I had a small fortune tied up in the wilson with the case holders. Took time putting cases in and out of holders. Wasnt very happy with redding as it had minor repeatability issues and cutters dulled easily. Im happy with the rcbs trim pro 2 manual. Fast and accurate. Just my 2¢

The best has a nice price tag.
Henderson is the one I wish I could afford but not right now so I use this now.
It works very well and I measure after each trimmed case and they are all the same length.
Maybe not the BEST but it works very well and is affordable.
I am also looking at the Frankford Arsenal Case Trimmer but have not made a decision yet.