What is the best/fastest case trimmer

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25294

I have a Lyman universal case trimmer that has sucked from day one. I'm ready to

upgrade and would like to hear a few opinions on an accurate and fast case trimmer.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I have them all.The Gracey is real nice,especially if you load for more than a couple calibers.
The WFT(worlds finest trimmer) is awesome if you just have one or 2 calibers.
I use both setups,,but I'm kind of a nut.I load for about 30 rifles of my own and a couple of my son"s.
We have not fired a factory rifle cartridge in years.

I have used the RCBS trimmer for about 3-4 years. I can't remember the exact model, but mine has the manual 'crank' that is designed to mounted onto a bench top. There is one that has a small electric motor that is automatic, but that was a little more than I wanted to spend.
This is the only trimmer that I have owned or used so I have nothing to compare it to, but it produces brass with uniform lengths (+/- .001) and clean edges.

Good Luck

I have used the RCBS trimmer for about 3-4 years. I can't remember the exact model, but mine has the manual 'crank' that is designed to mounted onto a bench top. There is one that has a small electric motor that is automatic, but that was a little more than I wanted to spend.
This is the only trimmer that I have owned or used so I have nothing to compare it to, but it produces brass with uniform lengths (+/- .001) and clean edges.

Good Luck

Great thank you, does it trim pretty quickly?

Did it really take this long?…:)

The only one that I use after using "others"…

This trimmer indexes on the shoulder, so resize and then trim. It is like using a powered pencil sharpener…

GTC Trimmer

This tool is definetly worth the price…especially if you trim brass in any volume…and it is also very accurate in the trimming…and it is fast...

After struggling with all the poor designs I settled several years ago on the Wilson, available from Sinclair. Not cheap, but very fast and "precise".

It looks nice and accurate…but it is manual… still slow. The OP wanted fast...:)

Last edited:
Loaded these up for my Nephew for his graduation…

Reloaded, once fired, 270…so far a bear, a deer and many 'yotes…

Look at the uniformity of the trim…

In the first pic…the Girard trimmer is on our left…

Attachments

• Nephew1.jpg
    Nephew1.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Nephew2.jpg
    Nephew2.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 296
After struggling with all the poor designs I settled several years ago on the Wilson, available from Sinclair. Not cheap, but very fast and "precise".

What model of Wilson would you suggest, the Sinclair/Wilson ultimate trimmer?

Thanks

The manual RCBS that I use is plenty fast for me, but I am not doing high volume. I will usually trim about 50 pieces at a time. I go slow intentionally and measure each piece after trimming, so speed is not a goal of mine. I have never paid attention to the time it takes to trim 50 pieces.

I've been using the redding case trimming lathe now for roughly six yrs. I love the precision that you can obtain with it. Takes a few mins to get it set but can do roughly 100 cases or so an hr easily. May not be fast enough for ya but they make a powered drive for it.