What is the Best 6BR Die????

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I am getting ready to buy a Cooper 6mm BR. The only reason I am going with this as opposed to one of Kirby's full custom rigs is the fact that Cooper will re-barrel the rig once I burn it our, which I definantly plan on holding them too!!!

I have a chance to get whatever redding die set I want for pretty cheap and before I jump in I wanna make sure I am getting the best.

I am planning on using the rifle to shoot 105 bergers from the muzzle to 1k or a little more. So what do you guys recommend for a die and seater set????

thanks
steve

Lerch,
I recently bought a Model 22 Varminter in 6mmBR just like you are planning, it is a beautiful rifle of exceptional quality.
i am curious if you had to specify the twist rate in order to stabalize those big 105s, mine came with a standard 1-14 twist.

I am currenty working up loads using Lapua brass, Berger 68grn FB bullets, Fed 205M primers and Vit 135 powder.
30.5grns is grouping sub 1/2moa for 5 shots @ 100m easily, velocities averaged 3131fps, with an SD of 4 and an ES of 11.

All my loading is done on Redding Competition dies and the cases recieved a light neck turn, primer pocket uniforming and flash-hole reaming to .0625". there was no need to trim because all cases were within .001" in length.

I am using a .267 bushing and this gives me about .0025" neck tension after neck clean up.
I also have some H335 because that is what was used to shoot the test group, i have not tried that powder yet.

I hope you enjoy your new rifle as much as i am and please keep me informed of your progress.
Here are some pics.
122April_2006_Minsterly_Pics_001-med.JPG

122April_2006_Minsterly_Pics_002-med.JPG

122Cooper_Group_009-med.JPG

Ian.

THe harrell is nice...but is set to bump the shoulder a PILE. I had to use the +0.010 comp SH, and a 0.010" shim under the lock ring...so basically with a hard cam off the shellholder I would get areound 0.020" shoulder bump!

Other than that it is perfect...especially for the price.

O yea, and a Wilson stainless micrometer seater...

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts