What is needed to change my stock?


Sep 16, 2009
I just recently purchased a Remington 700 .308. I want to change my stock from a Hogue stock to a Choate ultimate sniper stock. I know that I don't need to buy a bottom metal, but do I need anything else other than the stock and will the factory Remington action accept a dbm?
Thanks for your help.

I want to change this stock and bottom metal to this stock:

Last edited:


Well-Known Member
Apr 23, 2008
It's a little hard to tell from the picture or your rifle, but if it has a standard contour barrel then there will be a substantial amout of room or float on the choate which is made for a varmit contour. Also the bottom metal for the BDL you have is different than that for a dbm, so unless the choate comes with it, you would more than likely have to convert it over with aftermarket parts, but yes the factory remington will accept the dbm. You may want to look at places like Midway and Brownells for the parts and pieces.

Trending threads