What is everyone favorite caliber for deer?

I was and always will be a 270 win fan. However the last few years I bought into the 6.5 Creed hype and have used one on several hogs, deer, mule deer, antelope and elk. I have to say it works as long as you do your job.

Thinking of building another 270 win though as it is my favorite.
7mm-08 is my favorite. Raised in NM and hunted deer since I was old enough to carry a rifle and be safe, somewhere around 10. The 7 has always done its job, near and far.

I use either a 357 maximum or a 45cal smokeless muzzleloader that I had built. I really like both but the muzzleloader has a longer reach.

.375 cheytact.
313A9A66-42C2-44FF-AB12-97F0E5EBB5E6.jpeg
No deer left alone.

Over my 55 years of deer hunting I've harvested deer with a .243, .270 win and 7-08 and a couple other cartridges. My favorite rifle for this purpose was my Rem 700 BDL in .270 Win. I would have to sit down and count all the critters I shot with that rifle. It was a lot to be sure. I've since have been using my little Browning Micro Hunter in 7-08. But I'm tweaking a Bergara HMR in 6.5 CM to use for some long range hunting work.

300 RUM. If I can make myself leave it home next year I would love to use my 7mm saum.

Enjoyed reading this thread.. Not finished with all of it.. Have to get back and do that.. Shot my first with a 94 .32 Special.. Still have it.. Also the old .30-06.. A bunch with the .300 WM and 7mm Mags.. My last four deer have been shot with my late wife's 7mm RM, my grandfather's m. 54 /30-06, a new to me 700 in 6mm Rem.. and a 700 rebarreled to a ,220 Swift... They all worked fine..

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.