What is everyone favorite caliber for deer?

I will say that is in my top 3 as well. I started my son out on a 7mm08 and used it for myself on quite a few deer. Its a great round.

Not long ago I would have said the 7-08. Lately though, as much as I hate to say it...I'm pulling the 6.5 Creed out of the safe a lot more and would use that for a dedicated "deer caliber".

243 works pretty well for Oklahoma whitetails. I have killed a couple with that caliber. I don't own a 243 so it was always with a borrowed gun. I like to try different calibers and my wife isn't a fan of this. Cause usually once I kill something with it I sell it and move on. lol

Have to say .243 in most of my hunting scenarios. .25-06 and the Crudmore are vying for second place.

Nice just hunted with my son this last weekend around Binger, OK for youth season. He was shooting his grandpas 6.5 creed. He has used a 7mm08 the past few years which is a great caliber for deer in my opinion.

I generally switch between a Rem Model 7 243 and Tikka 260. The 243 was bought for my son as soon as he starts hunting but I find my self enjoying it quite often. The Sierra 85 gr HPBT and some Varget do a great job on our Oklahoma whitetails.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.