What is an Obermayer chamber

James Jones

I was just sitting here today pretty sure I'm gonna die from food poisioning , looking at Pac-Nor's web site and their list of reamer and noticed that they have a couple that say Obermayer after the name,like 300Win mag Obermayer
30-06 Obermayer and 308 Obermayer.
I was just wondering if this was just a modified chamberinfg for longer of shorter bullets or what not?. what would be the benifit of one of these over a standard chamber

Well my I.V. is ready cheers

Barret J. (Boots) Obermeyer makes some of the best cut-rifled barrels on this planet. I've worn out a few. His web site is:

http://obermeyerbarrels.com/

Those special reamers probably have non-standard neck dimensions and throat angles he's had excellent results with. Contact him and find out exactly what they are.

The gunsmith that chambered my 308 Tactical Rifle used the reamer designed by Boots Obermeyer. This reamer is strickly for 175 grain or any bullets of VLD design. The barrel is Pac-Nor Supermatch 1 in 12, 3 grove and it's very accurate. I have no problem shooting 155, 165 or 168 grain bullet. As a matter of fact, the rifle likes the 155 grain Scenar.

Unfortunately, Boots is not going to ship outside the military in the near future I've been told by some reliable friends who swear by his barrels. Boots recommends a Krieger as the best alternative now available.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts