What is a xp100-r worth?

blipelt

I found a used blued 260 xp100 repeater at a local shop. What should I give for it?

Where do I start for building a long range pistol? What caliber? I really don't know much about them and would like some help from the masters.

The only thing I was thinking for sure is one of Joel's stocks.

Brent

I think somewhere around 500 is ok(without scope), That would be awesome in a 6.5x284! I've got a lee-six style stock coming for my savage target action pistol, I cant wait!

I found a used blued 260 xp100 repeater at a local shop. What should I give for it?

Where do I start for building a long range pistol? What caliber? I really don't know much about them and would like some help from the masters.

The only thing I was thinking for sure is one of Joel's stocks.

Brent

Brent .
Make sure its a XP 100 and that it is stamped on the action.

I don't think that Remington ever made a repeater because of the trigger link in the
bottom.

It could be a short action rifle that has been made into a pistol.

It could be but i have never seen one.

J E CUSTOM

A month ago I paid Trapperluke of this forum $550 plus shipping for a 260 Rem XP100R that was a lightly used and unmodified. That's what he asked for it and that's what I paid him.

I would have preferred to build from only an action but the DC MPD would not let me go that way.

If the snow will melt I will go and shoot it. I am happy with the 260 as a cartridge and will probably stay with it even if I rebarrel.

Can you say "Dead antelope at 500 yards!" :D

XPparts2.jpg

The xp-100r was made, the center grips are a single shot and the repeater is rear grip. they made them in 260,7-08,308 and I think one more caliber...

The XP100R is a model 7 action. The XP100 single shot is a model 600 action. If you order a RUSSO stock make sure you tell him if you have a XP100 or a XP100R action. Ross

Thanks guys it sure does help when you have the knowledge this site has to offer. I bought it and it looks just like BB's. I also paid $550 and mine has a Bushnell 2-6 on it. Wasn't shot much but it does have a few minor nicks on the the stock. Doesn't really matter since I have to do some fine tuning to the right hand stock to make it go either way.

Brent

VSSF,

Do you have Burris 3x12s on all four of those fine looking rigs? Do you use them for long range work and if so how do you like them?

I just mounted one on my Striker but haven't had the chance to shoot with it yet.

Chris

I forgot about the rear grip model. My Bad !!!!

When I was messing with the XPs they didn't make the rear grip only the custom
pistols had rear grips.

J E CUSTOM

Think you did pretty well at 550.00, the .260's seem to bring a little more than the others and from what I've been seeing lately most sell in the 550-600.00 range. Quite a few people asking a lot more though.

I picked up a NIB 22-250 a little more than a month ago for 500.00. It'd been sitting on a back shelf at a shop most of it's life.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.