What is a good scope

Norm

just setting up a savage 22-250 12bvss have a bushnell elite 4200 6-24x50 still in the box so can return. I paid 700 for this scope and have not read any thing good on this scope from this forum. So just wondering what would be a good choice looking to spend 7to 9 hundred on something that will last and shoot at least to 400 yds

If you plan on only shooting to 400yds the bushnell should work fine. I have the same scope on one of my .308 and I shoot it to 800yds all day long.

For my ar15 I have been using a 1-5x scope and have shot it to 400yds and hit the pop can I was aiming at.

I would keep an eye out for a used scope on snipershide.com or save a little more and buy a nightforce.

For the money, and the range you mentioned shooting at.......I think you made a good choice. I know some guys that say the elite scopes are clearer than leupolds.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts