What ia the best long range scope you have used ?

Does anybody use Burris at all or do they keep it a secret when they do? Been using Burris for almost 30 years with only 1 warranty issue which was repaired and returned in 10 days. My favorite is 6.5x20 sf w/MVE1 reticle. Optics planet will have these on sale under 400 dollars occasionally . Working with poor man budget but have been very happy with all of their products.
I have two of the Xtrii on different 338 Edges ! Great scope for the money ! I took my Elk this past fall with my Edge and a Burris at 1244 yrds.

Rum Man

Valdada Recon G2, 4.8-30×56, 40mm main tube, 150 unprecedented minutes of vertical adjustment, Schott glass, ultra high definition glass, "tier one" optic. Been out to a mile with 338 LM.

Tough as nails, repeatable, crystal clear, amazing light transmission during darker shooting situations. I can put this on any firearm (hunting, target, competition) adjust it to zero and shoot with complete confidence that what ever I dial, it will repeat and rezero everytime.

It might appear to be on the larger side as far as other optics, but when beside others such as Vortex Razor, N-F, S-B, it really is not. The slight addition in weight, but with all the added features in performance "outweighs" the added weight hands down!

I guess I am out of date on long range scopes .I used a Nikon monarch 6 5x 20 x44 mm scope on my 338-378 weatherby in Alaska .I had no problems with it except it was not a good moose scope below 20 yards .It was awesome from 20 to 500 yards .I just bought a Nikon 6x24 x50 mm mrad 30 mm scope hope it good .i trust Nikon scopes they worked awesome in Alaska for 12 years .
NF heavier tougher, Leupold

Does anybody use Burris at all or do they keep it a secret when they do? Been using Burris for almost 30 years with only 1 warranty issue which was repaired and returned in 10 days. My favorite is 6.5x20 sf w/MVE1 reticle. Optics planet will have these on sale under 400 dollars occasionally . Working with poor man budget but have been very happy with all of their products.
I use Burris! The Xtr2 is a great scope, robust with tons of elevation adjustment. I had the 4-20 and it was nice. The glass left a little to be desired but was usable. There were a few guys using the 5-25 for the mile plate at a local range last year, they worked just fine. I absolutely love my RT6.

I guess I am out of date on long range scopes .I used a Nikon monarch 6 5x 20 x44 mm scope on my 338-378 weatherby in Alaska .I had no problems with it except it was not a good moose scope below 20 yards .It was awesome from 20 to 500 yards .I just bought a Nikon 6x24 x50 mm mrad 30 mm scope hope it good .i trust Nikon scopes they worked awesome in Alaska for 12 years .
If money is no object - Tangent Theta. If you are looking for a budget scope - the Vortex HS-T 4-16x44 is awesome.
Lots of options in the middle - I really like my VX6HD 4-24x52 - tracks and is light weight. The nightforce NX8 and Mark5hd are the others that are really good options if you want FFP.

Nightforce 5.5-22 56 mm NXS zero stop..... Would rather have new rifles and expensive reloading toys than invest in Schmidt Bender or Swarovski. Have looked through friend's models and they are both awesome but I don't see the value as I rarely shoot over 800 yards and Nightforce checks all the boxes for me.

I have used a SWFA SS 3-15x (non-HD) scope and it has served me very well out to 1200 yards. I have been behind other (S&B, Vortex Razor, Zeiss, Leupolds) on the higher dollar end and while they are slightly crisper, the real difference shows at low-light levels... They have known to be on sale for less than $550.

So it 'depends'. If you are gonna shoot in relatively good lightening conditions and you want a solid tracking scope to shoot out to 1200-yards and be solid, SWFA SS 3-15x is hard to beat, price wise.

I find once you start going above the 16x realm, HD and quality Multi-Coated glass makes the extra $1000+ worth it.

Also a huskamaw 5x20x50 works great make sure you get a proper turret cut for your caliber and load

I have used Nightforce and March. March has a crappy warranty; I bent the tube after I knocked my rifle over and they charged me $700 to fix it.

Of the two, I would pick Nightforce; only issue is weight.

I used to use Leupold; anyone who says they are the best hasn't used Nightforce or March.

Recent Posts