What I have…….and what I need?

B718FCEA-0344-406C-B72A-E259B98C9F1F.jpeg
I just got back from Colorado and wanted to thank everyone for their advice, it was extremely helpful. The trip was awesome, educational and humbling, hunting at 12,500 is harder then expected. I managed to get a small 2x3 that broke off most of his antlers tumbling 200 yards down a steep slope but I did learn a lot though.....trekking poles do make life easier....... I packed way too much clothes since I only used a base layer and 2 mid weight pants and shirts..... A bipod is about useless, it's better to shoot off a pack......And if it's not Kuiu or Sitka it's probably not worth taking since that's the only thing that I used out of all the clothes I took, everything else was heavy and didn't breath or dry well. Anyway thanks for helping out, you helped make my trip better then I could have done alone.

View attachment 306184I just got back from Colorado and wanted to thank everyone for their advice, it was extremely helpful. The trip was awesome, educational and humbling, hunting at 12,500 is harder then expected. I managed to get a small 2x3 that broke off most of his antlers tumbling 200 yards down a steep slope but I did learn a lot though.....trekking poles do make life easier....... I packed way too much clothes since I only used a base layer and 2 mid weight pants and shirts..... A bipod is about useless, it's better to shoot off a pack......And if it's not Kuiu or Sitka it's probably not worth taking since that's the only thing that I used out of all the clothes I took, everything else was heavy and didn't breath or dry well. Anyway thanks for helping out, you helped make my trip better then I could have done alone.
I think you might've summed up every person's biggest take-always when they come west to hunt or their first time hunting out west. I love my trekking poles and don't go very far without them. Consider clothing as gear because it can save your life. Extra weight for the sake of it isn't necessary.

Well done and congrats on your hunt.