what hi end scopes

450matt

i need two scopes for two projects i have going right now. one is a 30 inch hart barreled 300 weatherby and one is a 338 allen express. i have been thinking about a few different scopes. night force nsx 5.5-22. leupold mark 4 6.5-20, a smit and bender scope not sure on a model on that one, or a permire reticals 5-25. i have not heard much about the permire reticals. are they any good. and sorry i would add links but don't know how.

Posts are much easier to read with capitalization, punctuation, and correct spelling.
night force nsx 5.5-22. leupold mark 4 6.5-20, a smit and bender scope not sure on a model on that one, or a permire reticals 5-25. i have not heard much about the permire reticals. are they any good.
Yes, Premiers are very well respected. You've listed 4 of the top 5 or 6 scope makers out there. There's not a bad choice in your list. They each have their pros and cons, so you just need to figure out how much you want to spend and which features are the most important.
and sorry i would add links but don't know how.
Just copy and paste the URL into your post and the board will automatically make them into hyperlinks for you. Or you can use this icon:
createlink.gif

Alot of folks here have the NF 5.5-22x and seem to like them. Personally I prefer the NF 12-42x as the eyes aren't what they used to be and I shoot alot of paper. Mirage can be an issue.

As far as your scope choice goes, don't go any heavier than a Nightforce scope as you will probably be carrying these rifles. Might want to concider the Leupold also to save a pound of weight.
As far as the Schmidt & Bender and the Premier, both are excellent scopes, built like a tank, but are going to add another pound of weight over the Nightforce, and will cost you another $1000.00
Basically weight wise:
Leupold w rings #1 1/2- 2
Nightforce w rings #2 1/2
Premier w rings #3-3 1/2
Personally, I have had Premier Heritage, Huskemaw, and Nightforce. I still have the Nightforce .

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.