What happened to Benchmark carbon wrapped barrels

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
I believe that Chris st Benchmark has left and is doing his own carbon wrapped barrels. I'm not certain what his new company is though.

I believe that Chris st Benchmark has left and is doing his own carbon wrapped barrels. I'm not certain what his new company is though.

That would be fine, I ordered an 8tw carbon barrel for my 28 Nosler on a Mark V action. Then stopped hearing from him.

Anybody have his email?

Old thread but any update on this? I am looking to purchase a firearm and the seller is stating its got a benchmark barrel. The pictures look like unidirectional proof weave. Not that big of a deal, but more concerning to me if the OP doesnt know what type of barrel he has. I called benchmark and the person I spoke to said they dont offer carbon barrels but they sent me to Hells Canyon LLC who wraps their barrels but he uses a 3m weave.

Old thread but any update on this? I am looking to purchase a firearm and the seller is stating its got a benchmark barrel. The pictures look like unidirectional proof weave. Not that big of a deal, but more concerning to me if the OP doesnt know what type of barrel he has. I called benchmark and the person I spoke to said they dont offer carbon barrels but they sent me to Hells Canyon LLC who wraps their barrels but he uses a 3m weave.

from my understanding Chris isn't doing them anymore company was actually called Frozen Fiber
when he was doing them he was using the benchmark liners. they shot really good ..

Thank you. I really like benchmark and was pretty excited about the thought of a carbon barrel from them.

Man, I hate to say it... but I dont like the look. I know, I know "how does it shoot..." But for me I've had great success with proof barrels and I like they way they look vs the 3m weave. Plus the cost isn't enough of a difference to offset going with a HC.

The frozen fiber barres were a loop weave, not that great to look at. It looks like black fishing line wound on a reel. But if the rest were like mine they did shoot well. 8 twist 5 1/2 contour 8 twist turned into a 260ai. 140vld's on top of 4831sc.

iirc They were having finish problems and dropped them. Frozen fiber was doing the wrap and the barrels were going back to benckmark for a polish. Some made it out in fairly rough shape.

Attachments

• 0901E1F8-357F-4298-B574-0EE4120EA50D.jpeg
    0901E1F8-357F-4298-B574-0EE4120EA50D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 257
  • 44089A99-7AFB-48E2-86EB-EB676F0CEEF0.jpeg
    44089A99-7AFB-48E2-86EB-EB676F0CEEF0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 219
  • DED85D1E-B588-4251-A9C2-C77D5930F0B2.jpeg
    DED85D1E-B588-4251-A9C2-C77D5930F0B2.jpeg
    772.8 KB · Views: 196
Benchmark is making carbon blanks with single point cut rifling now.

Bighorn Sales, the Canadian distributor of Benchmark barrels shared Benchmark's facebook post about the new offering yesterday.

Hells Canyon Armory in Lewiston ID has been wrapping benchmarks for the last few years. They shoot great too. Benchmark is now offering carbon wrapping in house, and guess what? They copied Mike's method with one tiny change. That's gotta get under a guys skin a lil bit.

Hells Canyon Armory in Lewiston ID has been wrapping benchmarks for the last few years. They shoot great too. Benchmark is now offering carbon wrapping in house, and guess what? They copied Mike's method with one tiny change. That's gotta get under a guys skin a lil bit.
That is for sure. Not much "new" anymore though, that's why patent attorneys charge $900 per hour :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts