What Handgun Scope & Magnification Do You Like?

ltrmc02

I bought an inexpensive 2-6x32 pistol scope a few years ago and used in on a .357 mag awhile, took a couple deer with that setup. I've since bought a .44 mag and put that scope on it and it lasted maybe 30 rounds before something internally came loose.

I understand that a fixed power is more durable so I'll probably just go that route, thinking a 3x would be ideal but only seeing 2x or 4x in new scopes, I see old used Redfield or Burris models that were offered in 2.25x, 2.5x and 2.75x so I'm guessing between 2x and 3x is the sweet spot?

Anyone handgun hunt and have a scope they really like and suggest?

Take a look at the Specialty Handgun Hunting thread on this web site. Also look at the Specialty Pistol Forums.

Post what you have here, but also include what kind of handgun you are using, revolver, XP-100, etc.

These guys on both forums are really good. I use a Remington 700 rear grip with a 20 Vartarg and 223 fast twist barrels. I use the same scope on each which is a Nightforce SHV.

Most of the shooters I know are using rifle scopes on their specialty pistols. The guys shooting revolvers have been using pistols scopes. The Burris line of pistols scopes seem to be very popular with the revolver shooters.

The Burris, Bushnell, Weaver and Leupold variable handgun scopes are all good. The old Bushnell 3200 2-6x scopes were very tough and had decent glass. I've used them all and liked the Weaver was one of my favorites and a good match of size, weight, quality, and price.

The old Thompson Center variable scopes were very good too if you can find one. I had one of those on a 45-70 Contender that saw some brutal abuse and it never lost zero.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.