What gun would you want if the SHTF?

Well, we can joke about it and cite statistics.

But, ask any rancher within a few 100 miles of the border and they are concerned for good reason.

You never know who's coming across your property and with the Mexican drug cartels out of control you'd better be prepared to defend yourself.

I don't dispute that at all. I merely pointed out that illegal immigration is down for the first time in 30 years. If I lived in the path, I would police MY land — and I'm a (God forbid!) Democrat. I wonder if I would be prosecuted for collecting "spoils of war" off the invading hordes?

Only city Democrats (and city Republicans) are anti gun. I can't vote Republican because I can't support the wealth transfer the Republicans have orchestrated over the last 40 years that has tripled the wealth of the top 1/2% while crushing the middle-class & transferring most manufacturing overseas. 60 years ago the Republicans believed in investing in this country — if they still did I would likely vote with them.

Buano,

Sounds like we agree on the 2nd ammendment and defending ourselves against bad guys.

Otherwise, I detect some significant differences of opinion that would be better debated in another forum.

All the best to you!
Richard

Richard,

No argument. We agree on some points & agree TO DISAGREE on others.

I only point out that I'm a Democrat to dispel the myth I hear & see on many posts that Democrats are all city-folk that are anti-gun while Republicans are all good-ole-boys with a pickup & guns. Both parties have done their best to cultivate those myths. The Democrats use it to imply that Republican voters are ignorant hicks hoodwinked by those getting rich off Republican policies while the Republicans use it to imply all Democrats are inner-city minorities. Both Parties have just enough truth in the "mud" they throw to keep some of it sticking, but the truth is never that simple. This Democrat is an over-educated country-boy with more guns than will fit in the safe, who can defend himself, his family, community, and country, hand-to-hand, with a knife, with a bow, with most any small arms, and with the Constitution & laws of this country.

Yes different, but still brothers in arms! If the s--t really hit the fan, I believe we would be standing shoulder to shoulder.

It is not the number of people. It is the amount of federal assistance given to people that don't pay taxes.

Don't fall for the myth! Do you realize that the greatest wealth transfer this country has seen since the great depression was the Bush Tax Cuts to the extremely rich? This gave TRILLIONS to the top .5%, many of which pay the lowest taxes in the country (except for those living in poverty). This is 60% of the current federal deficit.

If you want to debate those facts we need to take it off this list-serve.

If the S really HTF ?

AK-47 with large ghost ring welded to the receiver, bayonet and a pair of night vision goggles.

SHTF... I call it, the big one. And why only one gun. I would say one gun by every aperature in the house and extra ammo at every firing port. Stack them up in the street.gun)

If i had only one rifle for **** hitting the fan, I would have to go with an M1A variant. Automatic fire is the way to go, and with rail systems you can quick attach a high powered scope for long range or an EOTECH for CQB.

+1

M1A + a M82A1 50 BMG

J E CUSTOM

I think I would have all bases covered with this lot!!!

1) PGW Timberwolf .338Lapua fitted with a suppressor.
2) Sig SG 553
3) Atchisson Assault shotgun with a selection of FRAG and HE shells:
4) Glock 18c (select fire model)

I'd have to vote for a 10/22 charger suppressed for one gun. Gun is light , easy to conceal, makes little to no noise, kills to well over 100yards, ammo is light and cheap as are magazines. An afternoon in the shop makes it alot quieter. Pretty reliable. Easy to use as a spray and pray or an accurate 100+ yard tool.

That said a 1911 pistol, 12 gauge shotgun and several rifles from battle rifles to long range rifles are nice to have around along with a few hundred rounds each AND on top of that a couple of 22's with a few thousand rounds handy stashed in different locations.

The most likely Stuff hitting fan scenario is probably infrastructure failure due to the power grid going down. Lots of rotting food and lots of hungry people.

Recent Posts