What gun would you want if the SHTF?

First thing that would happen would be the hacksaw would come out. My 10 ga would get the chop as well as the 10/22 would be turned into a folding stocked charger and a quick detach suppressor and 25 rnd steel lips. Sidearm is my kimber which I prefer for cqb over rifle or shotgun. Knives would be my CRKT m16-14 and ESEE 6. I like my AR15 for anything longer along with my m3 and l1 surefire.

Hard decision. I was thinking a Dpms in 308 but due to weight of ammo I would go with a Dpms in 223. I would be happy with a vx3 with a varmint hunter recital for quick shots at longer ranges. I would want a truck bed full of LC brass loaded with 52 gr or 69 gr Sierra MK's. I would also need a very large mixed drink!

You know, now that I think about it, a 22 mag would be more appropriate. Good to 200yrds and a well placed shot to the eye socket of any invader would definitely reduce his or her potential to attack.

Tank

Tank, Don't underestimate the power and penetration of the 22 Win Mag. I've seen a head shot deer go down at 120 yds with no problem and it wasn't hit in the eye socket. Closer than that on a person and it could prove devastating.

another vote for 22 scoped and suppressed
stockpile ammo
feed your family
work as a team
torment the bad guys
outwit, outplay, outlast

I would have to vote for the M1a. It is a very capable rifle and still one of the best
battle rifles ever made.

It is very capable at 1000 yards and is very dependable (And the 20 round magazines
can't hurt) when things go really bad.

And a double action handgun in 45 ACP in a would be my close in go to pistol for a side arm.

J E CUSTOM

That about sums it up to me, except give me my 1911 instead of the plastic pistol;)

.308 and .45 ACP both ought to be fairly available when you run out of your own stock.

If you get a third gun then a 22 pistol like a MkII gets the nod for me.

If you get a 4th then its a short barreled 12ga, good for anything from birds to large beasts and 12ga ammo ought to be very available.

Zobies...Commy China... same thing = MK19, If I didn't have to pay for ammo!

The question should be: What weapon if Mexico invaded?
Oh wait, they already have! And our weapon is good ole Mr. Obama! :D:D:D

We had more Mexicans invading under both Bushes & Reagan than under Obama. Actually, current estimates are that there is the lowest level of illegal immigration now of the last 30 years. Facts aren't always what people expect them to be.

I feel that if s#!+ really hit the fan, we wouldn't need to shoot LR. We would need something light and durable. I would go with a AR-15 with iron sights and a detachable 3x9 scope. I believe that would be a good compromise for short and medium range work. An AK might not be a bad gun to have also.

Is that the same thing as a drug dealer being an undocumented pharmacist? Good thing that we are being politically correct these days. I would hate to call something by other than what it is.

Well, we can joke about it and cite statistics.

But, ask any rancher within a few 100 miles of the border and they are concerned for good reason.

You never know who's coming across your property and with the Mexican drug cartels out of control you'd better be prepared to defend yourself.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.