What Grain is suitable for 1/15 twist if 308

Well, I have a 1-13" Palma barrel in .308 that does ok with 155gr boolits, but is marginal with 180's. It shoots them stabily, but is on the edge.
I think 150's May work, but I would check the Berger stability website with the bullet you want to use.

Cheers.

Well, I have a 1-13" Palma barrel in .308 that does ok with 155gr boolits, but is marginal with 180's. It shoots them stabily, but is on the edge.
I think 150's May work, but I would check the Berger stability website with the bullet you want to use.

Cheers.
Bcoz i m using 147grain LC miltary rounds they are ok and group is good

Number of grooves changes nothing.
Any brand bullet will work. If target shooting, Sierra make 155gr Palma bullets. This is what I use. If hunting, either 150gr Ballistic Tip or Accubond from Nosler will do the job. You can use Hornady, Berger etc if you desire.

Cheers.

Number of grooves changes nothing.
Any brand bullet will work. If target shooting, Sierra make 155gr Palma bullets. This is what I use. If hunting, either 150gr Ballistic Tip or Accubond from Nosler will do the job. You can use Hornady, Berger etc if you desire.

Cheers.
I was planing to load nosler 125grain bt

Hello
I have 308 with 1/15twist rate 22inch barell...
Kindly recomend which grain is suiteable
Thax
This might help.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.