What Got Everbody Started Reloading ?

I posted on the first page of this thread, but it has been truly interesting to read the various stories of how and why people got into reloading. This turned out to be one of those threads that had way more legs and far more interesting info than I would have guessed at the beginning.

I posted on the first page of this thread, but it has been truly interesting to read the various stories of how and why people got into reloading. This turned out to be one of those threads that had way more legs and far more interesting info than I would have guessed at the beginning.
I thought it would recieve a couple dozen posts and then drop to obscurity, instead everybody has a story and it just keeps going. It's brought more than a few new members in to post as well.

It's reached the point for me these days where I'm constantly looking for new loads to develop, as I enjoy the process of making the ammunition itself almost as much as shooting it.
For me its become developing loads for rifles and shooting for groups with that same ammo. We are of like mind Oddbod ! Dave

For me its become developing loads for rifles and shooting for groups with that same ammo. We are of like mind Oddbod ! Dave
I recently bought a new, Schultz & Larsen Victory in 22-250 & the next day I picked up 17 boxes of different bullets, from 45-65gr. Family stuff has precluded shooting any of the 10 x 25 rounds I've prepared so far but it'll come. :)

Pass it on.
Pass It On Indeed, another thread on here now about who have you helped or taught to reload. If we don't pass it on, it will fade out from lack of interest. Welcome James, good to hear from ya, it keeps me occupied up here in winter......loading and waiting to shoot :)

Started in 62, mostly for cost savings, but mostly I enjoy trying for better accuracy now. Made lots of oops and still do. Learned lots more from long range groups and people. Still learning, only time I buy ammo is to break in and get the brass, now just buy the brass. Use to load my 300 h&h for buck a box now still cheaper than factory

Welcome to the forum Slibey, reloading has many benefits that include cost and accuracy, but also the freedom to create loads anywhere and anytime to ones own specs. Good shooting to all Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts