what game hoist do y’all use ?

trumperman

Do any of you have any recommendations regarding a game hoist? You know, the ones that slip into a box hitch? I've seen a few online (Cabela's, Sportsman's Guide, etc), but most of the reviews are pretty sorry. A hoist sure would make life easier when I'm hunting alone.

Thanks.

morning, I made 2 out of boat wenches with the strap.
one for my truck trailer hitch. 1 for my shed
where in clean my game animals
just me GBOT TUM

t-man, I'm in my late 60's and although I'm a big guy boosting game into the back of my pickup got difficult. 7 years ago I bought a 2000# Superwinch and welded a frame attachable to the front of the pickup bed along with a long remote switch. When I get an elk on the ramp I stop and gut, cut off lower legs, let it drain then winch it on into the bed. At camp I use the same winch to raise the gambrelled animal up in a tree to skin it. Works very well and I hardly crack a sweat.

Home made gambrel and a 2 ton chain fall or a Cat 420 Backhoe for handling whole elk.
In the field, a cheap option would be an anchored come-a-long with a piece of thick plywood as a ramp into the back of a truck.

I welded a receiver to my headache rack. Mounted a 2000lb winch on a hitch piece. Ran battery power. Using my 4 wheeler ramp on the back, I push a button and help it pull elk into my truck. Having the winch as high as possible helps. Plus I can turn the winch any direction with the square receiver.

I bought one locally from a guy that made them. I bought a regular one, but he was making some that would spin so you could put a deer in your truck.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.