What game bags

Caribou Gear. They are not cheap ($100 per set of 8) but they will last and are very light and packable. mine have seen a seen a dozen elk, antelope, and mule deer over the last 2 years and they are still in near perfect condition.

Watch Camofire. They usually have the Ovis elk set on there. I've used mine for three elk now and they clean up good as new. The drawstrings are tough and they seem to work as good as any.
X2 for the Black Ovis game bags. As mentioned get the Camofire ap and they come up every now and again.

I agree with the guys telling you about the Black Ovis bags . the bags are on camofire again today . just look at the two sizes be sure to get the XL elk size bags , $50 per kit . large is deer size , X large is elk size . I think these are a caribou bag copy .

https://www.camofire.com/

Watch Camofire. They usually have the Ovis elk set on there. I've used mine for three elk now and they clean up good as new. The drawstrings are tough and they seem to work as good as any.

I second the Orvis game bags! Purchased some last year looking to put them to use this year.

Pillow cases are a good cheap idea. Or buy bedsheets from good will and cut and sew the size you want. Otherwise I used Alaskan game bags, but have stepped up to a more expensive bag a few years ago.

I get my game bags from a butcher supply store, they are very stretchy and will stretch enough to fit a whole lamb or goat.
I don't use cord or tie strings, just knot the open end of the bag.

Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.