What front rest do you use?

Mrvmax

I am looking at buying a front rest for my rifle since I just started shooting at 1000 yards. Grizzly has the best deal but the Protector rests complete with bags looks pretty nice. Just wondering what everyone is using to keep the rifle stable for the long range shooting.

I am looking at buying a front rest for my rifle since I just started shooting at 1000 yards. Grizzly has the best deal but the Protector rests complete with bags looks pretty nice. Just wondering what everyone is using to keep the rifle stable for the long range shooting.
Caldwell Deluxe

Hard to beat this one if there's enough extra laying around these days...
20210704_111144.jpg

Attachments

• 20210704_111158.jpg
    20210704_111158.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
Rest or BiPod?
If your looking at "Rests" for BR or LR Shooting there was a real nice one for sale on LRH this past week. Still may be for sale. muliemaster is selling it.
We have a custom Rest made by Bob Pastor the "VIPER" All parts were machined. Bob recently sold his business and don't know if the new owner will make these.
Our rest was the last one made. Some of the brass used in making it was from "Range Brass" melted down.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Attachments

• Viper Rest and Rear Bag.jpg
    Viper Rest and Rear Bag.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Top1.jpg
    Top1.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 133
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Right side.jpg
    Right side.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Left Side.jpg
    Left Side.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Edgewood Rear Rest.jpg
    Edgewood Rear Rest.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Back Side.jpg
    Back Side.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 137
Midway standard rest or my Harris bipods either a 6-9" or my hunting 13.5-23". Just depends on what I am doing. Sometimes I'm at the bench and get a wild hair....so I run to another spot and find a rock or flat spot.

Attachments

• Savage 28N.jpg
    Savage 28N.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 134