what for a scope

preddhunter

i am looking for a scope that is around $200 i want it to be some ware around 3,4 to 12-16 power, what would be a good scope.

I put a Leupold VXII 3-9X50mm scope on one of my rifles about 3 years ago and it has been a great scope for all my hunting needs. I have the Duplex reticle which is a personal favorite of mine with a matte black finish. I believe I got this scope for around $150. However, if you are looking for a little more magnification, Leupold does offer a 4-12X50mm scope very similar in specs to the one listed above, and I would guess you could get it for around $200-$250?

Here's a link to their website and this specific scope:

Leupold || VX-II 4-12x50mm

Good luck in your search and let me know if I can be of any more help.

gun)

Buckmaster

These don't have too many bells and whistles but you can get a Nikon Buckmaster for around $200 with the BDC reticle for some longer range shooting. Also, whatever you choose, I would worry more about strength and reliability for $200 than bells and whistles.

welcome aboard.i hear some on this site referencing a "super sniper"scope.i'm pretty sure thats the name of it. i also believe it is made by tasco.i have never seen one of these. but i hear good things from those who own one.i also think they are in the 200/300 dollar range.i do however have a nikon buckmaster 6x18x40 with target knobs.you will want a scope with target knobs if you are shooting much farther than 350 yards.you also want a scope that "tracks" accuratley.which means,the internal adjustments of the scope are of good quality.most 200 dollar scopes dont "track"very well because the internal guts are not of real good quality..my nikon tracks real good for the 300 dollars i paid for it.there are always the best---leupold or nightfoce.jason

He wants a variable model so the Super Snipers are out of the mix(Tasco is not the manufacturer by the way). For something that tracks well, is durable, and is a variable, you may have to raise your budget by 100.00 or so. The Bushnell elite 3200 5-15x40 fits in there at around 260'ish.

I don't know prices on the Monarchs but those are very good for their price from what I hear. The Falcon menace is another thats 300'ish but again, being flexible with your budget. If you go cheap, you'll probably realize you should have spent another 100.00 and you'll take a loss selling the original scope when you could have saved time and $$ the 1st time. Like I'm one to talk, I've done that more times than I can count as many others here have :)

i was looking on swfa and found a branned of scope called mueller type is a spot dot 4-16 power and were around the price range i am looking for and was woundering if they are any good

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts