What factory rifle?

In my mind it's hard to beat a Tikka T3X in a factory rifle. My 300 Win Mag and 6.5 Creedmoor, both shoot Moa, are light to carry, cycle smooth, and when you replace the recoil pad with a lib saver it just makes them great hunting rigs.

Forget the 300WM. I have the 6.5 Tikka. It kills anything with a 140g accubond. Bear, Moose, Elk. Anything with lungs.

I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, and that has the ability to reach out there at longer distances. I'm currently shooting a Remington Sendero in .300 rum, and I've killed a lot of animals with it, but I've never been able to feel completely confident in it. I've been looking at the browning hells canyon LR and the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. The ridgeline has all the features I'm looking for, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for them to have accuracy issues due to issues with the barrels. I'm also trying to decide between a .300 win and a 28 nosler. What are your guys thoughts?

I'm adding a Bergara HMR14 7 Rem Mag to my collection this year. For a grand it hits all the right spots for me. Hunting and long range target. You might check it out.

I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, and that has the ability to reach out there at longer distances. I'm currently shooting a Remington Sendero in .300 rum, and I've killed a lot of animals with it, but I've never been able to feel completely confident in it. I've been looking at the browning hells canyon LR and the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. The ridgeline has all the features I'm looking for, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for them to have accuracy issues due to issues with the barrels. I'm also trying to decide between a .300 win and a 28 nosler. What are your guys thoughts?

I think you need to consider a 375 Ruger and some high BC bullets.

I had a Remington receiver and sent it to

https://remington700rifle.com/

Got back a 300 win mag shooting 3/8" groups at 100. Yes it is a heavy countered barrel but shooting from a blind most of the time, what the hey.

I reload a 208 grain ELD and have gotten what I think are outstanding 2-1/2 " groups out to 600. (No wind and on a lead sled)

i got a Ridgeline recently in 6.5 PRC. Scratching my head on the accuracy issues. I broke the barrel in and have not found any issues with accuracy yet?? Like the weight, feel and performance.

There are many great options out there . I'm a tinkerer and love to fiddle with basic operations to make a rifle more accurate. I don't do the custom build stuff....maybe someday. As others have said: Plan A: rebarrel your Sendero with a Krueger or Badger barrel and call it a day. Plan B: I have a number of "older" Cooper rifles that have been unbelievable shooters out of the box with a bit of persistence at the reloading bench. Also have a number of Christensen Arms rifles too. Christensen guns are nice but will require a bit more involvement on your part to take to next level....lug bedding & load development. Having said this I prefer the Christensen guns now for the weight reduction, factory muzzle brakes and nice balance they have. I also have a few older Sako guns and they all have been great shooters but the drawback on them was short barrel length. For what you have to spend the Cooper or Christensen will serve you well. One final point on the factory front is customer service should you need assistance. Cooper CS has always been rock solid. Christensen CS has been both hot and cold in my experience depending on which person or persons you are dealing with there. All things considered my CS nod would go to Cooper. Good Luck!!'

Try a Bergara HMR B-14 in 6.5 Creedmoor, I got one and they are great!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.