What equipment is needed for putting a savage nut type barrel on my tikka?

Thank you.
are you doing a re-barrel? I ask, because I just got a new Shillen barrel for my Savage and will be putting it on soon. I got the action wrench, nut wrench and go/no-go gauges. I'm also under the impression a torque wrench is suggested.

Never down a tikka but have done a lot of savages. Does the tikka have a lug like a savage? My gunsmith made me a lug lock that locks in vise to hold lug and action in place making it easy to hold .

I still don't understand this. Have a barrel spun up and put it on whenever you want to. Have another barrel spun up and do the same. You don't need gauges. You don't need a goofy nut that looks unappealing but also adds another variable to the equation. I have multiple rifles with multiple barrels that I change all of the time with zero drama.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
No need for a nut, just make it a simple shouldered switch barrel. You don't need a huge action wrench, a simple Davidson barrel vice and rear entry wrench is all that's needed. Torque the barrel down just passed hand tight and you're done.

I have several rifles I do this way, Mauser's, Ruger's, Remingtons and Winchester's….not much choice in Australia, we are restricted to number of RIFLES we can own, but not how MANY barrels can be screwed on!

Cheers.

The barrel nut system does work for tikkas, but not with a shouldered barrel. You must make sure the barrel doesn't turn when you tourqe the nut, it messes with headspace. But the tikkas are way easier than e Remington with the recoil lug. If you haven't ordered the barrel yet, I would recommend a shouldered barrel though. There isn't much out there for tikka barrel nuts

The barrel nut system does work for tikkas, but not with a shouldered barrel. You must make sure the barrel doesn't turn when you tourqe the nut, it messes with headspace. But the tikkas are way easier than e Remington with the recoil lug. If you haven't ordered the barrel yet, I would recommend a shouldered barrel though. There isn't much out there for tikka barrel nuts
How will that work with no shoulder on the tikka action for the nut to butt up to??

Just like this

Attachments

• 8432924D-29BA-45A1-8B68-DF63E5883940.jpeg
    8432924D-29BA-45A1-8B68-DF63E5883940.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
If you're doing a prefit with a nut, recommend you remove the ejector from the bolt when you set the headspace.
Shouldered barrels are a *much* better way to go.