What does it take to remage my Remington 3006 to 6.5prc?

Bigeclipse

im contemplating making my 700 3006 into a remage because it currently is not sub Moa so I'm going to rebarrel it. I'm contemplating doing a 6.5prc to give it a shot. Will the 6.5prc be swimming in the long action? Do I need to buy a new bolt or boltface? It has a drop plate magazine type. Will 6.5prc fit in there without modification? Is it hard to change bolt faces? Thanks!

Getting a new bolt (PTG) and a barrel (whoever), then installing both (garage, 10 minutes). It's really quite simple. Using the long action will let you have it throated long so you can pick up some of the case capacity though that's of dubious utility. Feeding 6.5's powder in small amounts usually doesn't help much with velocity. Takes a huge bump in powder volume to make a good bump in velocity (that's always the case but 6.5's seem particularly stubborn on that front).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.