What does everyone wear for cold weather CAMO?

scsbronco

Hi there!

I have been out of the hunting loop for a while now. I live in Wi. I m starting to look at hunting clothing for the winter and Coyote hunting. I have my upland gear already. I was just wonder what everyone used as far as cold weather and snow camo?

Layers! I like late season bow hunting and I usually have a few lighter layers and a nice wool coat. I usually put most of it in a pack and wait till I'm in my stand before putting it all on. That way I'm not overly sweaty. I only have the wool on when sitting, and I have a light 'waterproof' coat that cuts the wind nicely. For coyote hunting I usually dont sit for more than 30 min, so I dress accordingly. For snow camo I have a really thin white suit I put on over my warm clothes. Where about in WI are you?

Layers! I like late season bow hunting and I usually have a few lighter layers and a nice wool coat. I usually put most of it in a pack and wait till I'm in my stand before putting it all on. That way I'm not overly sweaty. I only have the wool on when sitting, and I have a light 'waterproof' coat that cuts the wind nicely. For coyote hunting I usually dont sit for more than 30 min, so I dress accordingly. For snow camo I have a really thin white suit I put on over my warm clothes. Where about in WI are you?

+1

I layer with something insulating under clothes, some soft wool bases shirts or cotton (If you
can't wear wool) and a wind braking coat or jacket.

Add more layers if needed but allways use these three in combination for the most comfort.

PS; Good boots and gloves are a must along with good head gear.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks guys, thats what I used to in the past. I was checking to see if anything has changed. I know in the wolrd of snowmobiling one jacket does it all. By the I live near Appleton. I moved from Mi, so I m lost as far as land and hunting oppertunities.

This year I will be using enigma camo. It is a neat universal pattern that is big enough to put a few layers of clothing under it.

I'am going to be getting Winter clothing by Riverswest. I know someone that has them. They are not thick because of tech. Something to check out. You dont need to go out puffed up like Camo Santa anymore, to get warmgun)

I use NatGear for an outer layer and it works so well I had a coyote run into my back last year :)
I'm not sure who was more surprised me or the yote.

I have the heavy king of the mountain wool, it is pricey, but Im on 10 yrs. plus w/mine. I mostly use it for stand hunting, too war for most hike type, unless close to zero Far.Coat has wind stopper. Great for horse hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts