What do you use to clean primer pockets?

pp.jpg

I chuck it in a dewalt drill and it gets the job done fast.
Just order the k&m flash hole deburring tool & the primer pocket uniform ing tool. I've heard a lot of good things about them & they were very nice, helpful, and professional. I'm not sure how much it will help as I use Lapua , but I'm doing everything I can to improve my process to provide the best consistency possible . David said the pocket hole uniforming tool does an excellent job cleaning.

Just order the k&m flash hole deburring tool & the primer pocket uniform ing tool. I've heard a lot of good things about them & they were very nice, helpful, and professional. I'm not sure how much it will help as I use Lapua , but I'm doing everything I can to improve my process to provide the best consistency possible . David said the pocket hole uniforming tool does an excellent job cleaning.
After you get done using it you will want to do all your cases with it. It's a perfect looking pocket. Like you put the case on a lathe.

Title says it all. Do it by hand? Use electrons?

I started reloading by cleaning primer pockets for Dad about 1965. He used a small Grace hollow ground screwdriver. The handle is placed in the palm of the hand. Index finger on the stem. A quick turn of the wrist and carbon comes right out. It may not look pretty but it does short work of the chore.
What about the Flash hole

All my brass is primer pocket uniformed. New brass is sized, length checked and trimmed if necessary, then an ultraonoic bath to clean. Fired brass - deprimed, a walnut media tumble, resized, length checked and trimmed inecessary. Then an ultrasonic bath to clean off lube and any other residues. Double check the primer pocket, and, if needed, cleaned with either a Lyman primer pocket cleaner or an RCBS primer pocket brush depending on which I think is appropriate. Doesnt really add that much time to my reloading proecess, and works for me.
I uniform ALL my brass with K&M primer pocket tools. Like all my K&M tools, they are fast, efficient and a pleasure to use.

Recent Posts