What do you use to clean primer pockets?

Title says it all. Do it by hand? Use electrons?

I started reloading by cleaning primer pockets for Dad about 1965. He used a small Grace hollow ground screwdriver. The handle is placed in the palm of the hand. Index finger on the stem. A quick turn of the wrist and carbon comes right out. It may not look pretty but it does short work of the chore.
primer pocket uniformer chucked in drill press. Can do 100 in 5 minutes

Interesting, mine didn't. Could you post the details? TIA.
I use this, set it to the highest temp and let it go for 30 mins - clean as they can be. I use the RCBS cleaning solution and eyeball the ratio.

This little brush on my prep tool

Attachments

• B24A7604-95F5-41D2-917B-935EE5AF9B88.jpeg
    B24A7604-95F5-41D2-917B-935EE5AF9B88.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
I like the Hornady Primer Pocket Uniforming tools. They can be adjusted for depth if needed and make quick work of uniforming and cleaning primer pockets. Super fast when chucked in a cordless drill or drill press. I do wish they had a center post or drill bit to knock out the flash hole in the same step...

ppu.jpg

RCBS prep center for rifle - deburr and clean primer pocket after depriming, trimming, before throwing in the tumbler to clean. I don't clean primer pockets for pistol.

I started reloading by cleaning primer pockets for Dad about 1965. He used a small Grace hollow ground screwdriver. The handle is placed in the palm of the hand. Index finger on the stem. A quick turn of the wrist and carbon comes right out. It may not look pretty but it does short work of the chore.
I have used the wire brushes, I have used the Lyman tool, and I have used the crosshatched slug thing.. all worked.. but nothing works as well as steel pins in the polishing tumbler with Sierra ultrasonic cleaning solution diluted 1 ounce for every quart of water. you will hardly ever have to clean a pocket again. there might be some staining left but not much not all the time.

I deprime only then ultrasonic clean, do primer pocket with pocket cleaner tool, dry media vibrate, collet neck size, trim if needed then load

Eliminate the tool. Use a wet tumbler w steel media and a product call brass wash. Deprime, wet tumble, full size... Dry tumble to remove lubricant.