What do you think Remington 700P

This may be an obvious question, but I am still new to this: What do you mean by lapping? Thanks

Jerry

edit-on a side note:are the 700p and the SPS varmint really the same less the stock? and is the SPS available in a LA? Thanks again.

WHat I do is use the JB paste. I first run a slobery wet solvent patch down barrel then use a saturated JB patch and run it down covering a bronze brush or just a Jag. I was taught with the bronze brush but Im not sure it is any better than just on a jag. You can try both ways and decide what is you're favorite. Run the JB patch back and forth down barrel for 5-10 times. Then clean out with solvent and then dry patch it. After you dryed it all out let a copper solvent sit to see if you still have some copper residue in it. If so try and strip copper from barrel with copper solvent. I use either butches bore shine or montana extreme 50 cal or something like that. Then after copper is stripped then I use A JB saturated patch and run through barrel a few times. somewhere around five or so. Then clean it out with a solvent and dry it out and Im race ready. I dont know if this is really lapping it but in some guns it increases accuracy tremendously.

have you ever tried loading and using the lapping bullets for your caliber ? Do it once to polish up the barrel and I think you could stop this JB routine....'

just a thought....

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts