What do you think about this build?

M

midwesthunter

Model 700 action 30" stainless McGowen Precision barrel chambered in 7mm STW fitted in a BC varmit vertical grip stock. Goint to have action and barrel black teflon coated. Not sure what scope yet. Need something good for 800 yard maybe 1000. I have a budget of 500 for score base and rings. Should *** will be used for hunting and paper punchin

Last edited:

3fingervic

You could get a EGW 20 MOA base and a set of Burris XTRs for $100 total. Vortex has a Crossfire series that is very affordable. They offer an 8-32x50 for $229 out the door. I have this setup.

B

BCinKS

Sounds bad *** to me . i have a 7stw in a sendero and have been thinking about getting that same stock a try.I have a Leupold 6.5X20x50 with mill dots to 1000 by premier reticle,on mine. Man does that cartridge smack the hell out of the critters along ways out there.

L

liltank

Could go with the Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 w/ target dot, EGW base, and Burris XTR or Signature Z rings for well under $500. Though I am becoming a Vortex fan. They are some nice scopes for the money.

Tank

S

sniperjwt

Love it absolutly love it of coarse i am partial to the 7STW but that sounds like a real nice one.

C

cs1973

EGW rail, burris XTR rings and Vortex scope. The viper line is great with the V-plex wide reticle (thin enough for LR work) but may put you over the price ya wanna spend. The crossfire mentioned above would be a good scope from Vortex and keep your price point. I prefer the Viper line though.

3fingervic

EGW rail, burris XTR rings and Vortex scope. The viper line is great with the V-plex wide reticle (thin enough for LR work) but may put you over the price ya wanna spend. The crossfire mentioned above would be a good scope from Vortex and keep your price point. I prefer the Viper line though.

I agree, the Viper line would be what to get if you can afford it. The Crossfire wouldn't be a bad compromise. A lot of the guys on the Savage forum like them, and mine is fine so far (10 shots) :D

L

load

you'll love the mcgowen. i've got one it seems to eat anything i put in it. my best groups were one hole at 100 yrds (300wm 180 hornady sst @3150) my biggest groups were with remington premier 190 ptd sp bt at 3/8 moa.

4bycamper

+1 on the McGowen barrel. Very happy with mine.
Also 10% off for first time customers.
Good Shooting