What do you regret buying?

Forester reloading dies. The seating stem was unable to handle vld bullets and compressed loads. When I called the company they sent me a new stem and a handout saying not to use compressed loads. The replacement stem stuck on the first round. My best loads are usually compressed slightly according to quick load. Redding dies have worked great for years. After I had the problem a couple searches and I found the same complaint elsewhere.

@TRG65 i have a buddy that has had the same problem with multiple Forster dies. Broke multiple stems on reloads. He is what I consider an expert reloader. Forster honored the damage but also sent a nice little letter telling him how ignorant he is. I've never had an issue with Redding or wilson

I don't really regret it , glad I experimented with it but the Marlin GBL 45/70.
I always had the sense there would be metal fatigue and failure with some of the higher pressure loads.
The action was not all that solidly locking, the brass was very light duty and it just did not feel well made enough to me. I traded it for a Browning. No worries now.

In hindsight I regret spending the extra $$$ on a Whidden dye set. While the FL bushing dye's detent adjustment for shoulder headspace is a convenient feature, overall the FL bushing dye produced results the same as my Redding S dye. The Whidden bullet seater/micrometer dye, IMO, is not the same quality as the Redding competition, micrometer dye.
For the seater I like the Forster with them making a custom seating stem for my fav bullet.

I just read something Mudrunner posted in another thread, something along the lines of you will definitely regret buying some equipment....so help those of who come after you. What RELOADING EQUIPMENT have you bought that you regret and why? I would rather this not get into another discussion about which widget is best, rather a list of products you wish you hadnt wasted your money on.

I'll kick it off, the Lee single stage press I have I do not like. I've not seen the older ones, but I understand this quick change bushing thing is a new feature and I dont like it because it just introduces one more area for error/stacked tolerances. I would rather the die screw directly into the press not a bushing.
My very first purchase starting out was a Lee challenger press starter kit, I do not have a single piece of equipment I bought to start out I was being cheap and have since learned buy once cry once. buy quality equipment and hang onto it

Hornady reloading equipment. They have a great engineering & sales team, but I think they "cheap out" on manufacturing materials. The only rust I ever see is on Hornady equipment. I'm slowly selling everything Hornady.

Hornady reloading equipment. They have a great engineering & sales team, but I think they "cheap out" on manufacturing materials. The only rust I ever see is on Hornady equipment. I'm slowly selling everything Hornady.
Yep, years ago I jumped head first into Big Red without doing better research. I make it work but regret when compared to other options out there.

Redding Model 2400 case trimmer... **** thing has a collet style case holder that allows many different cartridge sizes... Just couldn't to get the cases to sit within the collet consistently... Many cases are trimmed too short and now are deemed fowlers... Presently, use the $8 inexpensive Lee manual case trimmer (one for each caliber).. Can achieve plus or minus 0.001" consistency.... I load no more than 20 rounds at a time.....

Back in the mid to late 90's into early 2000's, a couple of Kimber 1911's, an AO 1911, six Springfield 1911's, and one of their SOCOM M1A's, and a couple of US made AK's. No love lost there.

Had a couple of Kel Tecs too, a P32 and an early SU-16. Not real fond of Kel Tec either.

This past decade, a SIG P238, the only SIG I ever had trouble with. To be fair, its "just another" 1911 clone that didnt live up, and not a true P series SIG.

A couple more, more recently, were a Mossberg 5.56 MVP Patrol, and a Marlin 336Y, both pretty crappy. The way things have gone with cars, trucks, and guns, Im starting more and more to stay away from "American made". Less trouble with the foreign stuff.