What do you regret buying?

Again, what's wrong with plastic funnels? This thread is the first time I've ever seen somebody say they suck, several in fact, just nobody explaining what is so bad about them. I'm just curious cuz it's all I've ever used so I have nothing to compared it to in order to know it's not working properly.

I agree. All I have ever used also is plastic funnels. I pour the powder in the funnel and it goes into the case. Not sure what more it can do.

Primers - 1 pack (100 ct) at a time.
Balance beam scale. I use 2 electronic scales (1 chargemaster + another digital to confirm). This system is much faster on a single stage.
Any RCBS die
Hornady 30 cal 212gr Eld X bullets.

For reloading equipment regret I would say the one time I tried a Hornady die set. Never again. Pure junk.

Reloading equipment I like the most would be my Forster Coax, Redding T7, RCBS Chargemaster (like the CM more than my FX120i), annealng machine, and 21st Century Neck turner.

For non-reloading equipment it would be cheap field optics. Took many years for me to convince myself to purchase top shelf glass. Had I known back then what I know now, I would have saved money and started off with the best. Would have saved me a lot of money wasted on lower grade glass over the years. I now own Leica Noctivid 10x42 binoculars and Swarovski ATX spotting scope and dont regret a single dime spent on them. Leica 2800.COM rangefinder is next on the list ;)

Last edited:
Static electricity is a big problem with plastic anything for some people who live in dry climates. For me the kernels will cling to the walls.

Another issue is the "universal" gimmick. Anything with a wide shoulder or short neck won't close off. Caliber specific funnels are a great investment. I have Area419 and my partner uses satern funnels. Both are great

EA7600E6-130B-442F-9A52-D3AFF21B2550.jpeg
2E1D57B0-ABDC-430F-BFE6-12C5E89B2D0F.jpeg
I agree. All I have ever used also is plastic funnels. I pour the powder in the funnel and it goes into the case. Not sure what more it can do.

I regret buying an engagement ring for my ex-wife....

But for reloading equipment, cheap scales and an RCBS powder thrower. I bought an FX120i and the auto trickler a year ago and should have done it long ago.

The thrower would vary by several grains...with the auto trickler I use Lee powder scoops...

Also, +1 for the Area 419 caliber specific funnel.

I regret buying my old Weatherby Accumark .257 Wby... But it's long-gone now.

I must concur with the universal funnels. The RCBS universal funnels work pretty good for me from .223 up to .44 Mag, but still not like the caliber-specific funnels.

Static electricity is a big problem with plastic anything for some people who live in dry climates. For me the kernels will cling to the walls.

Another issue is the "universal" gimmick. Anything with a wide shoulder or short neck won't close off. Caliber specific funnels are a great investment. I have Area419 and my partner uses satern funnels. Both are great

View attachment 128357 View attachment 128358

RCBS powder tray with built in funnel is the cat's a**. Works perfectly on everything from 20 cal cases on up to big magnum bores. The conical shape makes it truly "universal". I use it on my Chargemaster and FX 120i. Makes reloading so much more enjoyable by not having to use a powder tray and funnel separately to charge a case.

rc_09090-scalepanwithintegratedfunnel.jpg

755866.jpg

Last edited:
MWOOD, i just got an e-mail from ATN advising of critical software update for screen freezing locking up. I don't own one but somehow are on their e-mail list, you might contact them about the software update, hope it fixes what you having issues with.
Thanks for the info!

I just read something Mudrunner posted in another thread, something along the lines of you will definitely regret buying some equipment....so help those of who come after you. What RELOADING EQUIPMENT have you bought that you regret and why? I would rather this not get into another discussion about which widget is best, rather a list of products you wish you hadnt wasted your money on.

I'll kick it off, the Lee single stage press I have I do not like. I've not seen the older ones, but I understand this quick change bushing thing is a new feature and I dont like it because it just introduces one more area for error/stacked tolerances. I would rather the die screw directly into the press not a bushing.
ANYTHING MADE BY HORNADY!!!!
Yes, I am shouting that to the HEAVENS!
DO NOT BUY HORNADY PRODUCTS!!

Cheers.