What do you guy use when shooting for rear support. of the rifle.

bigrich954rr

When i shoot from a bench i use a sand bag. heavy but best groups all the time. In the field i use my hand to adjust the rear of the rifle. most of the time groups are just as good but i do get the flyer caused by me. more when i have coffee a few hours before. This has worked for me for a while. I would like to know what you guys do so i might be able to get a little better and to learn.

If my wife is not looking I will grab three or four of her beanie bag babies. I especially like the raccoon one and the bear. Only problem is if you get caught with them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

i was thinking of trying to make a bag with some thing lighter than sand like beans. but didnt know how well that would work.

I use bags filled with beanie baby beads. Bags are whatever size looks good as I snoop around the camping area of sporting goods stores and other places.

One of my better ones is a zipper pouch that Delta Airlines provides when they stick you in the terminal over night.

I hook them on a belt loop and go huntin. I use the same thing off of the bench also.

Try to get ahold of some small plastic beads, they are light as crap and won't leak out of the sandbags too bad. This way you can take your rear bag afield with you if you carry a backpack or something similar, other wise you might try getting an Accu-Shot monopod.

I picked up a container of the plastic air rifle pellets at wally-mart. I stuffed them into a nylon rear bag, very light and rot-proff.

If I have a water proof bag I fill it with kitty litter very light. I use anything I can for a rear bag. If I am on the ground I will use just about anything to rest the rear, rocks, logs, packs, coats, my lunch box, binoculars or anything else as long as it makes me more solid.

[ QUOTE ]
If I have a water proof bag I fill it with kitty litter very light. I use anything I can for a rear bag. If I am on the ground I will use just about anything to rest the rear, rocks, logs, packs, coats, my lunch box, binoculars or anything else as long as it makes me more solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, I just hate it when people do that kind of thing for a rear rest and hit what they shoot at. I gotta lighten up a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or go to one of Shawn's classes......

I had an old waterproof camo jacket that had seen better days. I cut off the sleeves and removed the liner and then cut them into small bags about 8" long. I filled them with Polly Pellets and sewed them up. It works great! Same concept as Dave's sock, only the jacket was waterproof.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.