What do I have exactly? Sendero..

Zmgsvt

Hey, new to the forum. I've been shooting a savage 22-250 for a while and love the caliber. I just ran across a great deal on a Rem 700 Sendero 22-250. It has a few things done to it but not sure how to tell what exactly. It has a trigger, the guy I bought it from forgot the name but he said it's a 6oz pull. How do I find out what kind it is? He also said the gun has been "squared", anyone know what that means? And the action has been "worked". Not sure about all these terms and I'm new to anything over 300yds and anything customized gun wise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also what factory loads in this caliber are recomended? I've been shooting Hornady's in my other and there ok but I'm sure theres better. Dont have time to learn reloading right now. Thanks

Hmmmmm,

Regarding the trigger: Take a look at it then search the web (suppliers) for one that looks like it. Don't leave out Jewell.

Squared and worked most probably means that the action has been 'blue printed' which in turn means that:
Threads have been trued to be center of action,
Bolt has been trued to be on center line of bore,
Bolt has been faced to be squared with the bore,
Action face has been squared with line of bore.
Maybe a couple of other things also.

If all of this has been done it would make sense that some truing techniques were also applied to the barrel.

First thing I'd consider doing is a good cleaning and copper removal. Use a decent copper remover(Warthog 1134 - on the web, Wipe-Out - at any decent sporting goods store:rolleyes:, Montana X-treme Copper Killer - any 'really' decent sporting goods store.

Follow directions closely.

Then completely clean ever 15-20 rounds or so.

Should be good for about 1500 rounds or so....

Also get a decent cleaning rod guide. That would be a good idea.

Oh, and welcome aboard!!! It's a great place to pause and smell the roses.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.