What dies for 300 norma?

DJ Fergus

What resizing Dies are you guys using for 300 Norma? I would like to have a Redding competition neck sizer but Redding doesn't offer it in 300 Norma. I typically use a Lee collet die followed up with a Redding body die if needed. Lee can make a 300 Norma collet die for me as I have had them to make a custom size for me before. Just wondering what's working best for the rest of you in this cartridge.

Idk if you're a Facebook user, but there is a page dedicated to 300 norma shooters, lots of info there. I have a redding type s FL bushing sizer, and forster benchrest micrometer seater die. Lapua brass can be purchased from Canadian sources, 270$ cdn shipped, about 200$ American.

Thanks highdrum, I have about 80 loaded rounds of Berger ammo with lapua brass but I would like to get some more lapua cases. I will check into the canadian source. Are you happy with the type s sizer?

I have been using a set of Whidden dies for my 300NM. Very high quality dies but pretty expensive too.

I've been using the Forster Benchrest F/L die and seater since 2015 and I couldn't be happier. I also bought a Redding Bushing neck die, but have yet to use it since I'm still on my first FF loads with the Norma brass.

FWIW I had issues with the Whidden seating dies deforming the bullets while seating bullets and would use either Redding, or a Forster. Although I did like the Whidden Bushing F/L click system for setback of the shoulder, just not their seaters.

don't forget to check with hornady, i do know they make 300 Norma Mag but not sure if it is bushing or not? maybe you can let us know for sure?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.