What constitutes a "FULL" custom rifle build? ...

Not all "custom" actions are created equal, but the "good ones" are always going to be better than a mass produced factory rifle action no matter how much truing and work is done. This does not, by any means, mean you can not build an exceptional rifle in a semi custom.

That is why I caveat it as ...

I understand that accuracy is dependent of how and who build the rifle.

Not all "custom" actions are created equal, but the "good ones" are always going to be better than a mass produced factory rifle action no matter how much truing and work is done. This does not, by any means, mean you can not build an exceptional rifle in a semi custom.
Yeah this line of thought had me wondering if the worst custom action was better than the best factory action? Lol

Not passionate about it, but I think there "factory" actions good enough to be called full custom. Some of the "custom" actions are frequently described as "clones".

How about no factory ammo available-or set up to need a custom bullet?

Custom made rifle; pick your action type which would be reworked, and then everything after that, I'd say that would be a full custom job, now customize to me means; just changing a few critical components to fit what you want.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.